Playa del Carmen Mid-November, Any Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wyatt1225

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be in Playa del Carmen for 5 days mid November for a family trip. I'm thinking right now I'd like to devote a day to Cozumel, Playa and the Cenotes each. I'm not set on anything though, so open to any ideas. I know I need to stop by Akumal at some point, but not sure if I should dive that or just snorkel. Something's telling me to do a Bull Shark dive as well.

I'm the only diver in my family, so I'm going to have to buddy up with someone. I assume that's how they do it when you're a solo diver. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to dive with or how to go about booking? Should all the dives be with one shop?

I'm recently certified in Southern California. I'm trying to take the advanced class before I go, but not sure if it's going to happen right now. I have 7 dives under my belt, one night. I haven't been beyond 60, but I'm comfortable in the water and not worried about panicking. Will I be restricted to anything? I don't think I should go past 80 without someone experienced just because I don't know how the narcosis will affect me.

I'll also need to rent my BC, Suit, Reg, and Computer.

Thanks!

I'll be in Playa del Carmen for 5 days mid November for a family trip. I'm thinking right now I'd like to devote a day to Cozumel, Playa and the Cenotes each. I'm not set on anything though, so open to any ideas. I know I need to stop by Akumal at some point, but not sure if I should dive that or just snorkel. Something's telling me to do a Bull Shark dive as well.

I'm the only diver in my family, so I'm going to have to buddy up with someone. I assume that's how they do it when you're a solo diver. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to dive with or how to go about booking? Should all the dives be with one shop?

I'm recently certified in Southern California. I'm trying to take the advanced class before I go, but not sure if it's going to happen right now. I have 7 dives under my belt, one night. I haven't been beyond 60, but I'm comfortable in the water and not worried about panicking. Will I be restricted to anything? I don't think I should go past 80 without someone experienced just because I don't know how the narcosis will affect me.

I'll also need to rent my BC, Suit, Reg, and Computer.

Thanks!

Careful with the cenotes, read:
Cenote Diving and Safety

And don't patronize the Bull Shark dive.

+1 on that.. There's a reason we don't feed bears. I have been attacked by little fish that insisted that they be fed.....
So far I have no fear of sharks and I'd like to keep it that way.

The Reef Marina in Playa - they can organize your full itinerary

And don't patronize the Bull Shark dive.
It has it's risks, but is safe more often than not. I feel like it is an opportunity I don't know when I'll get again and would be an unforgettable experience.

I can highly recommend Nicolas from CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Inicio I have been diving with Nico and his brother Martin for over 7 years. They are great guys and excellent dive guides. They have a small family shop in Playa that will take care of all your diving needs. Tell Nico that Steve from Canada sent you.
I keep hearing good things about these guys. Have you dove with them outside of the Cenotes or are they primarily cave divers? I'll probably give them a call sometime soon.

Do you know if computers are a part of their rental gear? Couldn't tell from the site.

Back
Top Bottom