Playa del Carmen Mid-November, Any Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll put in a plug for The Scuba Tribe in Playa, small shop, great attitude, fluent English, seasoned dive masters, boutique feel for $70-80 for 2 tank dive, my go to shop for the past 6 trips. Dive Mike gets a lot of great reviews as well. Akumal I would just snorkel personally, can easily reach the fringing reef and swim with turtles without a boat or guide. I have often snorkeled out to where the boat drops with no problems. I would also would veto the bull shark dive, sets a bad precedent and honestly dropping to 70 feet and kneeling on the ground doesn't sound like a dive to me.

Definitely do the cenotes, can do as a dive with the Scuba Tribe or other shop or just catch a collectivo or taxi to cenotes just south of Playa and snorkel. One tip go early, and avoid weekends, gets crowded with Mexican families on their day off. FWIW cenotes can be done as no overhead environment, cavern dive (with OW cert)( don't take chances if not comfortable and competent with buoyancy and overheads), or cave (if certified) google the difference and see what sounds good to you.

I did cenotes once and thought it was a waste of time compared to diving in the sea. I did a bull shark dive once (no feeding). Didn't enjoy it either. If I was only doing a few dives in the area I would keep to open water dives in the sea.

I did cenotes once and thought it was a waste of time compared to diving in the sea. I did a bull shark dive once (no feeding). Didn't enjoy it either. If I was only doing a few dives in the area I would keep to open water dives in the sea.
That is quite uncommon.. might I ask which cenote you went with ? with who? And what made you not enjoy it? same with bullshark? I guess just sitting around might be not too much fun but seeing beautiful creatures up close in their environment..I am not sure I can see how that would not be enjoyable :)

That is quite uncommon.. might I ask which cenote you went with ? with who? And what made you not enjoy it? same with bullshark? I guess just sitting around might be not too much fun but seeing beautiful creatures up close in their environment..I am not sure I can see how that would not be enjoyable :)
I dove two cenotes but it was a few years ago and don't remember which ones. Theee is nothing wrong with cenotes prefer seeing sea life.
I have seen Bull sharks several times without going on a shark dive and I like seeing as part of a dive where I see several different things.

Back
Top Bottom