playa del carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquasport

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have 14 dives logged. Are the cenotes to hard for me? Has anyone dove with sealife divers? Is sept a bad to go to mexico? Sealife has a good 10 dive deal. Sorry so many questions. Thanks

never dove with Sealife, but they seem to have a good reputation. go to a few shops when you get there (incl sealife) & talk to them. ask questions. see who you feel the most comfortable with & dive with them. we dove with Phantom Divers & would recommend them highly.

I dove the cenotes with 30 dives logged...all of them quarry or ocean dives...& had no problems. but, I dive with a group of wreck divers & had been practicing 'cave techniques' (ex...frog kick). again, as long as you are comfortable with it, you should do fine.

I think anytime of the year is a good time to go to Mexico...don't worry, you'll have a great time!!!

I got back from Playa at the end of August, beginning of September. I can wholeheartedly recommend Abyss Dive Shop for fully-professional staff with the right attitude. The several dives that I went on were well briefed, we were dropped right on target, the divemasters were knowledgable, and helpful on top of it all. One heartwarming bit of trivia, they fail people on checkout dives -- thank you for not passing everyone just because...

Gotta dive Tortugas for just what you would expect, Tortugas...

I can also recommend La Rana Cansada as a place to stay, less than two blocks from the beach, "premium rustic" rooms, and the best staff you can imagine. Babe's has the best food (noodles) in town, and Java Joe's is the place for coffee.

I'm not back there right now as it is hurricane season. Would be a great time to go if you didn't expect to dive every day. If you're there in early December, look me up!

Drop me a line if you need any more info!

Sept and Mexico is great for me! I loved it. If you are going to dive the cenotes, make sure you have good bouyancy control please.

Oh, and while you are in Playa, take my advice. If someone comes up to you and asks you to buy some icky icky, keep walking. I made the mistake of asking "What the H*** is that?" :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom