PLBs Can Save Your Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Custom Divers canister (two o-rings) is quite nice, and more compact than the HDV (one o-ring). Here is a picture of the two side by side. Note the HDV has a so-called shackle-snap that I mounted.

The HDV has a bit more room inside; here's what it looks like with my small VHF radio in it. The antenna has to be removed to get the other half of the canister on.

The Custom Divers canister easily holds my Fast Find 220 with the flotation case on it.

One end cap of the canister has a hole you can use for a bolt-snap.

The carrying harness is well-made, fits over a 2-inch belt on your waist or BCD/Harness.

When it is all assembled it is a nice package.

Those photos seem to be in a private album not viewable by most here.

The HDV has a bit more room inside; here's what it looks like with my small VHF radio in it. The antenna has to be removed to get the other half of the canister on.
HDVSEATEK makes two sizes, same price. I guess you needed the larger one for that radio.

The Custom Divers canister easily holds my Fast Find 220 with the flotation case on it.
I think your Fast Find would fit in the smaller HDVSEATEK easily.

Can’t see the pics?

Those photos seem to be in a private album not viewable by most here.

HDVSEATEK makes two sizes, same price. I guess you needed the larger one for that radio.

I think your Fast Find would fit in the smaller HDVSEATEK easily.
i think I've changed the privacy settings.
Can someone confirm?
It is the smaller HDV canister.
Both the VHF radio and the FastFind fit in the smaller HDV and the Custom Divers canisters.

i think I've changed the privacy settings.
Can someone confirm?
It is the smaller HDV canister.
Both the VHF radio and the FAstFind fit in the smaller HDV and the Custom Divers.
I see them now. Does the custom divers come with the wire loop?

I see them now. Does the custom divers come with the wire loop?
No, that's just a simple keyring thing (stainless with a vinyl cover). You can put some cave-line or a tie wrap though that hole instead.

Here is a picture of the two side by side. Note the HDV has a so-called snap-shackle that I mounted.
It looks like you are using stainless steel. I've been that route and suffered the damages. I replaced my bolt-snap and all of my rings for lights and camera with brass.

Put it on your cam strap? Would keep it out of the way while underwater.
I do this. However the downside is that it is inaccessible without a buddy or taking your gear off to access. I weighed the benefits vs cons and decided that it worked for me. Others might not feel the same.

It looks like you are using stainless steel. I've been that route and suffered the damages. I replaced my bolt-snap and all of my rings for lights and camera with brass.
You used cheap stuff. Home Depot?

Back
Top Bottom