Please avoid Offshore Dive Charters out of Jacksonville, Fl.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alrights, so I was looking for a dive charter out of Jacksonville, and found the one mentioned here. Then I found the posting on this forum. Not really interested in experiencing anything like what is discussed above. I know of one other company, and I am not really interested in using that company either. So, my questions is, "Does anyone have any recommendations for a good charter for new divers?" We are getting ready to take the advance certification, but I would like a few more dives under my belt first.

Thanks a bunch!

Not sure but i think tge law says divers have the right of way, never thought that to be fair to fisherman

Offshore Dive Charters bullied me off my spot Sunday afternoon at reef CKC August 19th. 2018 on the last day for open Snapper. My wife and I were on our 31 TE Fountain and we were anchored and with no boats in site. We fished for 20-30 minutes and I see a boat headed our way. The boat got closer and closer pointed straight at us. I fired up my motors.. preparing to avoid a collision. The boat veered around us way to close for comfort and stops less than 100’ and drops a yellow marker jug and two divers with spearguns with others suiting up. We fished for another 5 minutes and I decided to move because I figured it wasn’t worth the stress. I’m very respectful of divers and expect the same. I will definitely meet this guy at the dock if it happens again. He puts a lot of lives in danger with his reckless action. He should not be licensed to charter.

A simple report to the local CC station should be in order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom