Please - Glide Harness Adapter for Kydex plate!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any thoughts? I love mine on my SS plate, and think the same would be a gem on the Kydex (or make an Al plate if it won't work for some reason on the Kydex - need the tall so its your plates). I have shoulder problems that make it very desirable. Currently using a DR Transplate harness on it, but love the less clutter of a simple webbing harness.

Any thoughts? I love mine on my SS plate, and think the same would be a gem on the Kydex (or make an Al plate if it won't work for some reason on the Kydex - need the tall so its your plates). I have shoulder problems that make it very desirable. Currently using a DR Transplate harness on it, but love the less clutter of a simple webbing harness.

Sorry, not possible. I would suggest you simply "shoe shine" polish the lower harness slots on your Kydex plate with strips of cloth backed abrasives (crocus cloth) Pay particular attention to the top corners.

Good luck,

Tobin

boooooooooooo!

boooooooooooo!

Sorry, really, but the attachment points we use for the GHA are not present on the Kydex plates. The slight flexibility of the kydex plates means you can flex them away from the tanks if you are using it on a set of doubles. Trapping the webbing on the tank side of the plate is one of the key reasons the GHA moves the webbing to the divers side of the plate.

Try polishing the slots, it won't give you the total equivalent of the GHA, but it should make it possible to slide the webbing through the slot.

Tobin

Is that also an issue for someone who dive single tank only? What if one were to drill the holes in the Kydex plate to attach the GHA?

If it was that easy don't ya think we would have thought of it? :)

Trust me it won't work, but then what do I know?

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom