Info Please Help Identify these tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Everyone,

I was given two steel galvanized tanks. My buddy got them hydro-ed and the LDS stated they are steel low pressure 100. I'm not so sure. Here are the specs...

Din valve only
7/8 inch thread
7 inches in diameter
28 inches tall, with boot on, measured to the top of tank, not including the valve.
valve is marked with 3500 service pressure

Thank you everyone in advance...

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 38
Hello Everyone,

I was given two steel galvanized tanks. My buddy got them hydro-ed and the LDS stated they are steel low pressure 100. I'm not so sure. Here are the specs...

Din valve only
7/8 inch thread
7 inches in diameter
28 inches tall, with boot on, measured to the top of tank, not including the valve.
valve is marked with 3500 service pressure

Thank you everyone in advance...

View attachment 770724

View attachment 770727
View attachment 770729
I would find a more competent dive shop if you can.

I have a pair of these and just dropped a pair of hp80s that match to get hydroed for my wife today.

These are excellent tanks. Arguably among the best ever made. Large volume, high pressure, and significantly lighter than equivalent Fabers. They're long which is good for getting weight down over floaty feet. Enjoy them!

These are excellent tanks. Arguably among the best ever made. Large volume, high pressure, and significantly lighter than equivalent Fabers. They're long which is good for getting weight down over floaty feet. Enjoy them!
A guy at the hydro place i went to said something about parts for the 6300 valves being hard to come by now and said he was having a hard time getting valves for them. I ordered 3 new valves from DGE and some burst discs so i should be good for a while. At least all my valves match now and they even come with the vindicator knobs. They should be good for another 30 years.

A guy at the hydro place i went to said something about parts for the 6300 valves being hard to come by now and said he was having a hard time getting valves for them. I ordered 3 new valves from DGE and some burst discs so i should be good for a while. At least all my valves match now and they even come with the vindicator knobs. They should be good for another 30 years.
The valve in your pic takes Thermo seats, disks, and crush washers. With otherwise an standard 1/4 stem oring.

The valve in your pic takes Thermo seats, disks, and crush washers. With otherwise a standard 1/4 stem oring.
In “my” pic? I’m not OP, i have one XS valve and 3 Sherwood 6300s all with the 7/8” neck. I got 3 more Xs valves to make all 4 tanks match. I also realized i had the wrong burst disc in the one i already had.

In “my” pic? I’m not OP, i have one XS valve and 3 Sherwood 6300s all with the 7/8” neck. I got 3 more Xs valves to make all 4 tanks match. I also realized i had the wrong burst disc in the one i already had.
oops sorry got the OP's valves mixed up with yours.

The valve in the OP's post takes thermo parts. The sherwoods with the angled outlet are hard to deal with nowadays

T
oops sorry got the OP's valves mixed up with yours.

The valve in the OP's post takes thermo parts. The sherwoods with the angled outlet are hard to deal with nowadays
that’s what they are, i ordered replacements, but it does look like northeast scuba has parts for 6300s. I may pick up kits just to keep on hand, they are cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom