Please help plan 5 days diving / 5 days top side in SE Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all!

I have decided on Indonesia (even though I totally feel like I am letting Wingy down)! I'll get to Thailand one day when Similan is open!

I am planning on flying into Bali, diving the Amed and Tulamben area and possibly the north as well and then heading to Komodo for possibly a LOB. From Komodo I'll make my way back to state side.

Was not easy coming to this decision but I was shaking with excitement booking the flight reservation!

Does anyone have any favorite operators in Bali or Komodo area?

In Bali I think I'd like try to stick with one place to take me to all the best sites on the Island (correct me if I'm wrong or missing any: Amed, Nusa Pendida, Tulamben, Juri Pati - I spelled these from memory so please excuse...its late) and maybe also arrange some land activities for me. I guess I'll check out the nightlife in Kuta for a night or two, but mostly stay near the dive sites I figure.

I've never been on a LOB before, in Komodo, will they be letting us off the boat at all? I would like to do some landscape photography at sunrise/set and see the dragons of course.

LOL im sure you will enjoy Indo - long time customer with scubali/bali dive academy - Thailand will still be there waiting for you when the Sims are open again. Enjoy :wink:

For Bali, look to move around a little. Stay a 2 or 3 days in a few different locations... I like Tulamben and Padangbai. Also check out Lembongan for the big stuff...

Oh yes you should be going ashore to check out the dragons and doing some photography...they stink!

LOL im sure you will enjoy Indo - long time customer with scubali/bali dive academy - Thailand will still be there waiting for you when the Sims are open again. Enjoy :wink:

What is the current situation with the Similans regarding marine park closures? Are any still in force?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom