Please Help - Recommendations for a custom wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thedaddy

Contributor
Reaction score
Was wondering if any of you all might know of a company that will make a custom wetsuit based on measurements. I'd prefer it be relatively local (close to Central Florida, within 4 hours or so anyway) but I'll take any recommendations.

Here's the situation: my wife is pretty, umm, curvy, if you will and she has a hard time finding a fit with wetsuits. Consequently we only dive together in the summer. She likes to dive, but we're busy with children, working etc and don't get much time and coupled with only summer dives this translates to only a few times a year for her. I want to get her a custom suit as a present so we can dive more often together. She's a bit self conscious and I'd like to find a place that makess it relatively easy, will measure her (or tell us how to take the measurements) and make a decent 3mm or 5mm suit that fits her well. Price is a consideration, but I'd rather have a quality suit than save a few pennies. I've been wanting to do this for a while, so I decided this Christmas is the one.

Has anyone had experience (even secondhand) and can you recommend anyone? I've found a couple places online, but I'd like to get a recommendation on who is good (and bad) to deal with. I'm sure this won't be cheap and I can't really afford to do it over.

Thanks all in advance!

Steve

I second that LiquidFit.Com ~ Wetsuits That Fit Like They Were Poured On You.
I have two student that love the ones they got and one is a 14 year old girl and she stays warm all the time

I got a custom wetsuit earlier this year from AquaFlite and it fits perfect. Their store is in California but they have a form where you fill out all of your measurements.. I think there were about 30 different measurements. And they even have pictures to show you how to do the measurements. Anyways, I was extremely happy with the outcome. They were very helpful and prompt with answering questions while I was trying to figure out exactly what I wanted and I believe it was a little cheaper than LiquidFit. I highly recommend them!

I'm a big old fat guy and they made me a great wetsuit that fits and is easy to get on and off
You can't ask for more than that

The posts so far are exactly what I was looking for! Direct experience with a product. I'm starting to think location isn't necessarily that important. I'll look into both companies but they both have attractive products and similar features. Now I just have to soften her up to let me near her with a measuring tape.

I really appreciate you all taking the trouble to help out - I'll let you know who I choose and how it works out. Nice to have multiple solutions to choose from.

Once again SB'rs have come through!

There's also a company in Hallandale FL called Wetwear. Anyone heard anything about them?

We saw the Wetwear folks at their booth at the DC dive show last week. It looked like nice stuff... Wife is in the same situation, fit-wise, and they indicated that they actually make their womens suits using real bust and cup measurements. Didn't get much further with them since the lady we were trying to talk to was sort of ADD and kept abruptly switching to pitch to other customers... But it was a fairly busy booth it seemed. They use the Rubatex neoprene that some others on here seem real fond of. Their pressure chamber demo with the relative compression of different types of neoprene at depth is rather convincing.

Make sure you call them before you measure. I was actually on the phone with the owner for an hour as my wife took measurement at the owners direction to make sure it was done right. It is a bit more complicated than measuring someone for a suit or something.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom