Please help with searching for a flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

otterdive

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I live in New England, so I have the choice of several airports (Boston, Portland, Manchester, Hartford, or even the New York area airports are all close to me) for a trip I would like to take to Thailand. I have from December 22, 2010-March 8, 2011 available for this trip and I would like to stay for as much of that time as possible. Have any of you found a good way to search multiple airports, and variable departure/return dates at the same time to get a picture of the fare changes. I would like to see some sort of graph, or calendar that would give me loads of general information to find the cheapest flight. What's the best way to search, or should I go the route of simply asking a travel agent to do some old fashioned searching?

Thanks all you fellow scuba travel nuts!

You might want to try the following...

A short flight from Newark/Boston to Toronto, Then Cathay Pacific from Toronto to Bangkok (Change planes in Hong Kong (approx 3 hour layover)).

Hmmm, flying out of Canada. I had not thought of that. I'll try Montreal as well. Thanks!

Skyscanner.com. One of the only search engines that allows you to use "Everywhere" as a departure / arrival airport, or you can just use United States to keep things simple.

In your case, you can put in USA for departure, and use Thailand as the arrival airport. That'll search for every departing flight from the States to Thailand, using all airports (direct and indirect), and then you can sort by price to figure out what will be the most efficient for you.

I use it all the time... awesome site.

Just screwing around quickly, found LAX - Bangkok indirect for $1061 RT. LaGuardia - Bangkok indirect for $1583 RT. You can probably do better than that if you play with it.

-B

"Goddamit Intern, you're getting an A!" - Steve Zissou

Thanks Brandon. That's a great site!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom