Please name your three favorite dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're going to be happy with El Cantil, I'm sure. Great location. Most ops that pick up in town will pick up there. There are lots of great ops but not all pick up in town. I know Living Underwater picks up at El Cantil b/c I have friends who live there and also dive with LU. They pick up my friends and me there.

A lot of folks going to Cozumel for the first time don't realize the divemaster is with 4 to 8 divers. They are monitoring the divers, pointing out cool critters etc and keeping the group together. They are NOT your instructor, they are not watching you every second and are not your personal DM.
So, hire a private DM, at least your first day to get used to the boat, drift dives etc then go from there.
Also, whatever operator you decide, communicate what you are looking for, by email then in person when you arrive. They deal with a lot of people and may forget the email conversations. It helps you and the operator group you properly.
Enjoy.

We won't stay anywhere but El Cantil, so you made an excellent choice there.
We don't dive with anybody but BlueXTsea, that too is an excellent choice.

Back
Top Bottom