Plopped down the $$$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichmondKYdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After diving for now my 25th year and not ever being a card collector....I've picked up three cards this past year with cavern being my proudest....but just plopped down the $$$ for Divemaster. Let the fun begin, Crew-Pak in hand, gotta finish up rescue, class on Tuesday night, sit in for a self refresher EFR on Weds night and a discover class on Thursday...let the fun begin!!! OH, I thought PADI meant put another $$ in before.......:wink:

25 years! Holy crap, I'll be long gone or in a home 25 years after I took OW. Good luck with DM course and the fun that follows. There's a ton of good advice in Going Pro -- helped me a lot. Especially such guys as Crowly and Joe Diver (sticky). Where is Joe these last 3-4 years anyway? Assuming you're doing PADI, a lot refers to the "old" DM course, but is still great info.

Thanks gang, interesting class last night from a very dedicated instructor. Course it was a little tough getting 5 grown people's schedules "simonized":wink: in order to get class work in, pool work in, in order to start some of the intern work with DSD. We did finally end up with 5 pool sessions, three classroom sessions, one scuba review and one DSD's with 40+ participants at the University of Kentucky between now and April 23rd.....hope the wife understands....sounds like several date nights between dive nights:D

Good luck. I just finished about 6 months ago. It can be a grueling schedule but so worth it when you finish.

Yeah, scheduling with working people taking the course is tough. Retired guys like me get frustrated. Then winter comes and the boat is on land. Then someone asks why it takes so long.

I think you'll enjoy the course. I thought the internship parts, working with students, were the best.

I think you'll enjoy the course. I thought the internship parts, working with students, were the best.

After beginning the study process...professionalism, role modeling, interacting with students, it was actually very interesting last night with those thoughts in mind working with a large scale discover scuba at the University of Kentucky last night. Different perspective, came home with a new understanding and respect for this internship, looking forward to some more pool work followed by participating with a scuba review, which is the next on the list before working with a confined class. Busy April, but looking like an enjoyable one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom