Plus ratings and hydros'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went back and read the original text again, and it's not fair, so I reworded that text. Some of you DID answer some of these questions correctly. I'm sorry for the (original) derrogatory remark.

Darrell

Last edited:
Thank you Darrell, we all appreciate your time spent answering our questions and sharing your knowledge. You are just the person the tank forum has need to dispel false information.

Mods, how about making this thread a sticky.

And thanks from me as well, Darrell. I appreciate your having taken the time to clear up my concerns re: my LP 72.

Richard

Darrell, thank you for posting all this information.

Darrell, Thanks for all the great info. Especially the specifics on my cylinders. Not often we get someone to post up with your background.

BTW, At this point I am okay with saying bad cylinders for both and have some scrap metal that the wife is going to have fun with.

Thank you Darrell, and please check in from time to time. I'll be looking for those REE numbers!

Thank you Darrell, and please check in from time to time. I'll be looking for those REE numbers!

Here's the information I received from PST:

"The REE for the PST 72 cu ft, 2250 psi scuba cylinder is 58.4 cc"

I am trying to get the actual publication of the data for their cylinders, and I will be posting it on my website, but for now, there's the info. However, since your retester probably isn't going to take your word for it when you just walk in and tell him, "The REE is 58.4cc", as soon as I get the actual PST publication it will be on my website, and you can direct them to my website to give them that warm, fuzzy feeling.

Cheers,

DG

That TC stuff was for you, buddy!

Thanks, I love how the TC can be summed up in one short sentence and its so simple. We can only loose our + rating if the cylinder fails, but will always have it otherwise and do not need to be tested specifically for it.

OK Guys, HERE IT IS!!! :D

You can go to my website: CTC Seminars Home Page, then click on the "Helpful Information" button. You will then select "Technical Bulletins".

Here is the direct link: CTC Seminars Technical Bulletins

From the Technical Bulletins page, scroll down to "Manufacturers", and you will see the list of Mfg's documents. You want to click on :

* PST Technical Bulletin: REE Values

Or, here is the direct link to just download the document. You can just right click on this link and download the PDF:

http://ctcseminars.com/Files/PST REE values.pdf

But, you will find A LOT of useful information up on the CTC Seminars website, so go up there and cruise around.

Take care, keep safe,

Darrell

Thanks, I love how the TC can be summed up in one short sentence and its so simple. We can only loose our + rating if the cylinder fails, but will always have it otherwise and do not need to be tested specifically for it.

NO, No, no!!! That's not correct.

For the DOT / CTC cylinders (only allowed in Canada if mfg before 1993), the TC plus requirements are basically the same as in the US - you can only plus if don't exceed the REE. See B339 24.6.3.3.

The difference is in the new TC metric cylinders which have the 110% fill pressure built in to the marked service pressure. But, even on these, if you exceed the REE, you must DOWNGRADE the cylinder by stamping a "K" following the service pressure, and then the fill pressure is REDUCED by 10%.

Not as simple as you thought, eh?

Cheers,

DG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom