Plus Size women -- AGAIN!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladycute1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi gang!

I just wanted to post an update...
I now have a web site dedicated to Diving... it's still in the very early stages, but take a look --

www.BigAdventures.net

Also, just a quick plug... there are still a couple of openings for the June trip for Plus size women and their allies (you don't have to be plus size, just need to be willing to put aside diet talk!) and the September trip is still wide open.

Liz

The June adventure is a trip to Maui, June 21 - 28. It's a women's only trip --- for both experienced divers as well as those who want to get certified.

I am planning on buying my first BC and equipment, but I am unsure as to the relationship between the weight and lift. If I need to wear 19 pounds of weight, what kind of lift do I need from a BC? Also, are any BC's better suited to larger sizes than others?

astrl

hi ladycute1,

i think your idea to organize trips for plus women divers is great. ...but do you ever go any place besides maui? either pacific or caribbean. if you do, i'd love to join you.

thanks,

divemistress

hi,

any plus-sized women out there looking for buddies? i'd love to take a one-week trip in september, ideally to the caribbean, off the much dived path: no bonaire, no caymans, no cozumel.

anyone interested? what about puerto rico, dominica, or or or or?

ideal buddy for me would be 30-50, (platonic), and have some experience....i'm 41 and have logged 150 hours underwater.

i'd love to hear from you!

thanks,

j

Hi Divemistriss --

Let me see if I can answer some of your questions about Big Adventures.

At this point, I will continue to plan the Big Adventures certification trips for Maui -- I have the connections there and can reliably support the needs of plus size women.

However, I am interested in diving anyplace warm. I have been to Belize and also, recently to Fiji.

I love diving the Big Island in Hawaii, too.

I am 40, have Rescue Diver certification, and am a Dive Master Candidate. I have 150 dives logged.

Also -- just a heads up, there are tentative plans for Big Adventures to co-sponsor a dive trip to Fiji next June -- this trip would be for certified divers.

Let me know if you are interested in any of the above.

Liz

Liz-
I'd be interested in doing this! Fiji's one of those places I've always wanted to get to, but wanted to wait until I had a c-card. (Which, btw, as of this weekend I NOW HAVE!!!!!!!!!!):grad:

I'm heading down to Akumal, Mex for my first dive trip here in about 6 weeks. (Is it me, or is that like not for an ETERNITY?)

Send me some info once you have some available!

Kristey:jester:

:samuria:

Just checked out you page, great start. I'm a rather cuddly wee scot who is about to emigrate to DC. So I'll keep an eye out for your trips.

I'm also a PADI OWSI so if you need a hand give me a shout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom