PNG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordan23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

im thinking to do lob between July and august, can u recommend what is better from Marin life what is more nice (ive done Palau) , i like the fact that its easy dive (compare to Franch Polinesya from what i read hear), the warm water and viability
thanks a lot for your replays

Do you want big stuff or little stuff?

Milne Bay (Tawali Resort) is your best bet if you want macro.

Walindi or Tufi are good if you want bigger stuff.

I should also point out that very few lob's operate in PNG. Generally speaking you are better off going land-based.

thanks. and compare to Palau? anileo ? indonesia ( i cant unfortunately no visa.. yet)

If you want LOBs in that area of the world, perhaps add Solomon Islands to your list. There are 2 LOB's out of Honiara. I've done LOBs in both places. Both are excellent. I rate PNG higher but adding Solomon Islands doubles your options.

This is based solely on my personal experience, others may have differing opinions:

More sharks in Palau, better everything else in PNG.

Marginally more macro diversity in Anilao, but not by a huge amount. If you ever did the coral macro dives over on Maricaban Island when you were in Anilao, Milne Bay is more comparable to those than a sandy muck dive.

I rate PNG higher than Palau, it's more diverse. It's about on par with Anilao, because while Anilao has exceptional macro, PNG in my experience has more marine biodiversity.

thanks a lot.. never been to Maricaban Island, anileo i only done my first open water padi hhh

sorry for the thread hijack - but my partner may have an opportunity to get a 3 year posting to PNG. I imagine will be unemployed so diving would be a big past time! any PNG experts here who can help?

It very much depends on where your partners posting will be - there are not a lot of options and not really recommended to go off 'by yourself".

If you have an idea where you will be based (Ella Bay?) you may find other expats with a boat - Alotoa you can probably organise with Tawali to go out with them on a day basis - Hagen/Lae you are going to have a long way to waters edge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom