PNW Dive groups?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris002

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, moving back to Washington for a few months, next month and wanted to dive a bit. Are there any groups or meetups that regularly go diving? I think I’m going to be staying near hoods canal.

Moss Bay Divers seems pretty active, www.nwdiveclub.com is good too with a few weekly dives, though mostly on the Seattle side of Puget Sound.

Depending on what side of Hood Canal you are going to be on, hit up YSS dive (in hoodsport) or Sound Dive Center(in Bremerton) both host occasional shop dives. If you do facebook, Hood Canal Divers and Kelp Krawlers are good to join, the guy who runs Kelp Krawlers is an instructor and hosts a lot of dives.

Hit me up with a DM if you'd like and I can probably meet up for a dive on the Hoodsport side. There is a public access right next to YSS dive that is a nice intro to PNW diving.

Another one for Marker Buoy.

Also check out Jade Scuba, Of The Hook, nd YSS for shop dives. There's a Mason County FB group, but I'm not as familiar with them.

Lots of dive shops have regular shop dives. Underwater Sports alone has 5-6 satellite shops and they generally each run a shop dive once a month.

Marker Buoy is Seattle's oldest dive club.

A good question to ask is do you just want to dive, or do you want to meet socially when not diving? Some dive clubs have regular potlucks or dinners and a speaker independent of diving. (Though most that are 100% dive-oriented might involve going out for a meal or beer post-dive if you wanted to.)

Lots of dive shops have regular shop dives. Underwater Sports alone has 5-6 satellite shops and they generally each run a shop dive once a month.

A good question to ask is do you just want to dive, or do you want to meet socially when not diving? Some dive clubs have regular potlucks or dinners and a speaker independent of diving. (Though most that are 100% dive-oriented might involve going out for a meal or beer post-dive if you wanted to.)

Moss Bay Divers seems pretty active, www.nwdiveclub.com is good too with a few weekly dives, though mostly on the Seattle side of Puget Sound.

Depending on what side of Hood Canal you are going to be on, hit up YSS dive (in hoodsport) or Sound Dive Center(in Bremerton) both host occasional shop dives. If you do facebook, Hood Canal Divers and Kelp Krawlers are good to join, the guy who runs Kelp Krawlers is an instructor and hosts a lot of dives.

Hit me up with a DM if you'd like and I can probably meet up for a dive on the Hoodsport side. There is a public access right next to YSS dive that is a nice intro to PNW diving.
Sweet! I’ll keep in touch once I’m in town

Definitely a bit of both as divers tend to be good company! Just looking to stay active. I’ve been enjoying diving weekly/ daily and don’t want to just sit on the sidelines. I got certified with uw sports in Olympia in 2018. Got equipment, went a handful of times and just stopped diving in the pnw. I just ordered a dry suit in order to make it a bit more bearable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom