Point Lobos Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only if you share. :wink:

DPV's were made for Point Lobos. Highly recommended to use one. Please do be respectful to other divers and boats, and set your scooter off to the side if staging it close to the water, not directly on the ramp.

Watcha got for a scoot? Does your buddy have a scooter, or are you going to tow them?

Don't have one at this point, and I'm currently in Seattle and enjoying the amazing dives of Puget Sound. My buddy/wife and I are considering returning to Monterey for a while, probably some time next year. Just trying to plan ahead!

Scooters and Seattle go together too!

If you don't already know it please do be aware there are some safety protocols you need to follow when scootering. It is easy to get out really far, and you had better hope you can swim back. If you have two scoots, you need to know how to tow your buddy. Buddy separation can happen much faster than kicking too. There is more than that, but you get the idea.

Also don't buy a toy, get a real scooter "like" a Dive Xtra's Sierra or similar.

Scooters are wonderful at Lobos! I wish I could find the picture we had of all the scooters in our group, lined up on the boat ramp . . . Be aware, though, that it's very easy to get to depths where you are going to run into deco.

google marco flagg he used a scooter in blue fish cove at point lobes in 1995. GREAT WHITE STORY

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom