Polar Bear Dive at CSSP! Jan 1, 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Cross posted from the Clear Springs Scuba Park (Terrell, TX) message board.

-------------------------------------------

We are inviting you to attend CSSP's 1ST ANNUAL POLAR BEAR DIVE. It will be on January 1st, 2002 at 10:00 AM.

Anyone who makes the dive will automatically become a member of CSSP's Polar Bear Dive Club. You will receive a specially designed t-shirt indicating your devotion to the sport and the only way to EVER get the t-shirt is to make the dive!!!!!!

If you don't have a drysuit, you might think about it. Remember, we do have a few for rent.

Some come and join the fun!

--------------------------------------------

Okay you Texas CADs! This is an open challenge to show up and support one of the best dive sites in Texas! There is lots of cool natureal underwater stuff to see and I've only begun to explore the site. Yeah, I know it's cold :cold:, but that's part of the fun.

We can do hot chocolate and smores during the surface interval to help keep warm.

Originally posted by large_diver
So TM, how cold does the water get in North TX?
(this almost sounds like a Johnny Carson joke)

It's so cold,
  • even the sheep are wearing down parkas!

Any male diver comes out with a 2nd belly button below the original

Polar bears look at the water and say, no way no how
But to seriously answer your question, Terrell reported 60 degrees from the surface to 45 feet last week. Now that we have our cold snap, I haven't heard yet.

"Polar bears look at the water and say, no way no how"

silly people --- they'll keep you warm..... just kidding of course.

Unfortunately I missed last year's New Year's dive (was doing my volunteer thing, and driving drunks home for "Operation RedNose"), but the gang that went had a grand time. Mind you bottom time was quick (at 37F, with nothing to see why stay), but the folks that organized it had a lovely hot tub waiting for the participants.

This year, well who knows? diving or drunks....

The New Years Day FYAO dive .......

I would love to make it ..... I'll see what I can arrange..... but seeing as I have to work the day before and the day after, it will be rather difficult.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom