• Love me, love me, love me... I'm a liberal

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Middle of the road, right down the center line

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Tend to be conservative fiscal and liberal on social issues

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • I make Ronald Reagan, The Duke and others look like pinkos

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Oh wow man, like who knows... or cares?

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
drbill, a Phil Ochs fan? Gotta love it!

I'll throw something serious in for once. There is often a bipartisan quarrel that rages over domestic program spending and foreign policy aid/military spending. Some would say we overstep our bounds in sending troops; while others would say we create a breed of dependents through welfare and other domestic projects. The problem lies not in the motivations of either, but in the egos of those who propose these ideas. There is often no middle ground, which is unfortunate. This middle ground is where true bilateral prevention of catastrophic world events takes place. Isolationism is deadly in the long run. It's a proven fact that when a powerful government withdraws from world events, it comes back to haunt them. Not providing legislation that promotes affordable healthcare, is just as devastating. I leave this vague, as I am not trying to impose my specific points of view on anyone. I served in our military and was stationed in places like the middle east(Gulf I) and S. Korea. Until you can say you have gotten off your couch, lying front of your 50" Sony HDTV spewing CNN and MSNBC, and actually traveled to these places to understand their problems, threats, and the consequences of isolationism, then try not to regurgitate the media. As a pilot and a diver, I understand the relationship between the atmosphere and the ocean. What we do to one, affects the other. The forces of each are intertwined. All we can do is hope neither gets so out of joint as to create havoc around the planet. Domestic and Foreign policies are the same. Have a great day, and think a little more about diving today. It will bring a smile to this bright bunch of people.

I can't take G. W./Ashcroft/Rummy/Cheney/Rove for another 4 years. If Bush wins in '04, I'm moving to Canada and taking my drysuit with me.

:banging:

The Sanskrit word for "war" means "desire for more cows."

True. So when they say they want a holly war, let's just give them some clean cows and see what happens. This could be the simplest solution to our problems. It's just a big misunderstanding.

Or, let's make one big cow, and put a bunch of Navy SEALS inside of it, and push it to the gate, and.....

loosebits once bubbled...
I can't take G. W./Ashcroft/Rummy/Cheney/Rove for another 4 years. If Bush wins in '04, I'm moving to Canada and taking my drysuit with me.

:banging:

Things better in Canada?! I remember as a child, my parents did things I didn't understand. All the other kids told me my parents were mean. I cried, put on a temper tantrum, and ran to my room. I told my parents, "I hate you!" Now, later in life, I realized there was wisdom in their actions that I didn't understand at the time. Yeah, they made some mistakes too, for they were only human. But at least they weren't Canadian!

I'm just joking! I like John Candy and Mike Myers, but you guys owe us one for Celine Dion!

I never understood this "fiscal conservative, social liberal" B.S.

I guess all these liberal programs are free?

mempilot once bubbled...

Things better in Canada?!

I don't want to live in Canada because things are necessarily better. It's that Americans are blindly giving away their rights in exchange for a sence of security. The checks & balances that are supposed to protect me from my government don't seem to be working anymore. The Constitution seems more like an obstical to the Bush administration than something that is supposed to be protected. I've read the Constitution (hasn't everyone?) and I've seen nothing in it about military tribunals or illegal combatants but it does mention the words 'trial by jury' and 'due process of law'.

Ahh, must get off of soap box. Can't help it, hate G.W., live in Texas, surrounded by Republicans, must vent anger. Ahhhh.

loosebits once bubbled...

It's that Americans are blindly giving away their rights in exchange for a sence of security. The checks & balances that are supposed to protect me from my government don't seem to be working anymore.

I feel bad for you. Which of your civil liberties have been trampled on? Stop regurgitating the retoric spit out by Democrats running for President. They hopefully would do nothing different in their attempt to clean out the people(terrorists) who seek to take you down. Do you think when some terrorist strikes in your neck of the woods, that they will spare you because you are a liberal democrat? Clinton did a great job of protecting your civil liberties I guess? Janet Reno spent millions of our money to expel one little Cuban boy. But then she ignored 14,000 illegal middle easterners. The guys that hijacked the planes were not in our country legally. But we shouldn't question them or the people that harbored and financed them? Get real. Ashcroft is making up for lost ground due to 8 years of mismanagement of the Justice Department. Everyone wants to blame the economy on the Bush Admin. Two things here. The economy was overinflated prior to the admin change and was due to come down. War is expensive. I'm stopping here as you have struck a nerve.

I hate politics...what does that make me....oh yeah...redneck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom