• Love me, love me, love me... I'm a liberal

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Middle of the road, right down the center line

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Tend to be conservative fiscal and liberal on social issues

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • I make Ronald Reagan, The Duke and others look like pinkos

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Oh wow man, like who knows... or cares?

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My friendly exchange with another member of this board made me wonder if divers, at least members of Scuba Board, have any particular political leanings. Of course for some of us diving may be an escape from the politics of the terrestrial world, but let's see...

I'll start by saying that I tend to be very left of center, but often find much in common with true conservatives as well. Having lived through the Vietnam involvement, I find it difficult to believe any national administration whether Democrat or Republican.

Dr. Bill

I'm not going to label myself, I agree with Demos on some topics, and Repubs on some. Most issues are so big, with so many facets, I don't pretend to understand all of them, I just try to see what seems best for my state/country/planet as a whole, find the guy/girl running who agrees with me on these ideals, and give him/her my support.

Interestingly, I was fortunate enough to have crossed paths with both W. and Al long before the Presidential Election, and found them both smart, interesting guys.

Party dogma is boreing, and seldom useful.

Diving and Politics shouldn't mix. The fish don't care. My tank air comes from pure gasses, so diving is an escape from the topside environment. The only reason Dems can't keep me from taking my gun under water is that it will rust. Gore has a cool strip mine behind his mansion in TN that will make a great quarry dive some day. Oh, I'm ranting!

This statement will produce a ton of responses from the Libs.

Like...

"Oh, my God, the air and ocean are like, sooo connected. I'm not sure why, but like, the o-zone layer is... well, it's either bad or good, I'm not sure, but, like it is! So you should vote for the donkey, and not the dumbo, cause, like, for sure. Besides, Jesus rode donkeys, and not elephants. Let's all sing a song for donkeys."

Alright, who did I tick off?:confused:

I support our Constitutional rights and individual freedoms.
I support the promotion of individual responsibility.
I support the full and equitable application of the penalty of law to those who choose to violate said laws, and those who choose to infringe upon the rights of others by being irresponsible.

Okay... so since I'm "law and order" I guess you really couldn't call me a Libertarian, though I do believe that the government should be FAR more hands-off...

...as far as the function of government, if I were elected President, submitting the budget to Congress would be a simple matter of beginning at line 1 and determining if it is or is not provided for in the Constitution. If it is, fine. It get's funded plus inflation. If it's not, it's cut.

Ya... I'd last in office. Nope.

My political leanings span the spectrum depending on the issue.
LBJ & his cronies were/are the spawn of Satan, as is anyone who would wage war to further their "own" politican agenda.
(Remember the USS Liberty!!)
I'd better leave it at that for now or the post will get pulled faster than Agnew could pocket a bribe. :tease:

I try to stay out of politics here mostly. It often turns ugly as evidenced by each and every war thread.

The United States was founded by radical liberal revolutionaries. The conservatives supported King George.
A basic duty of the national government is "to promote the general welfare". That does not mean "PROVIDE general welfare", but it doesn't mean "hands off, every man for himself, only the strong survive" either.
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I tend to take position on topics based on how they effect me and the area I am living. Some stuff I am conservative on, some stuff I liberal.. then there are things I'll just not choose a side on at all because I find it petty or trivial.

I support the PPM. The UDP has shown a rather embarrasing side of politics.

Of course, what I think doesn't matter. Can't vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom