Pompano Beach Charters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lrv0604

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be in Ft. Lauderdale the weekend of the 9th in January and wanted to see if anyone can recommend a good charter to go out with in either Ft Lauderdale or Pompano Beach, and which area do you prefer to dive?

I am going to be in Ft. Lauderdale the weekend of the 9th in January and wanted to see if anyone can recommend a good charter to go out with in either Ft Lauderdale or Pompano Beach, and which area do you prefer to dive?

Out of Pompano Beach, there are five primary charters:
Parrot Island Scuba (two boats)
Avid Diver Charters (six-pack)
Miss Conduct (six-pack)
Scubatyme
South Florida Dive Headquarters

Out of Fort Lauderdale, there are just two:
American Dream II
Hammertime

While there is good reef diving, Broward's major claim to fame is its wreck diving.

I have only done scubatyme..............I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They are efficient and FABULOUS......

I have only done scubatyme..............I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They are efficient and FABULOUS......

Well, Scubatyme's DM is pretty cute but I'm with Tom, I like Parrot Island the best (and I've dove with all of these charters more than once).

Lantana huh?? Sounds like fun, just saw the pics and they look incredible!
On my to do list....
How do they feel about single divers???
Thanks for the advice....

A little drive to Lantana gives you Starfish (idivestarfish.com)
Good boat, and Capt. Craig is willing to work with the passengers to make the trip fun.

Out of Fort Lauderdale, there are just two:
American Dream II
Hammertime

While there is good reef diving, Broward's major claim to fame is its wreck diving.

I dove off the Hammertime about a month ago and had a blast! The boat was roomy and the staff seemed top notch. Becuase I was coming from out of town, I booked well in advance and because I booked first, they selected the sites for the day around my dive buddy and my interests (we did 4 dives on a Saterday)... We did 3 drift dives on shallow reefs and a tour of 3 wrecks that are close together (the Scutti, Tracey & Merci Jesus)

For the record, I'm a NEWBIE, so I don't have anything to compare the expereince to; but i was not disappointed! Ask for Carolyn if you want to ask some questions (954) 572-2642 or check them out on the Web at Home - Scuba Emporium Florida

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom