Pompano Beach / Ft. Lauderdale / Miami diving operators and cheap clean hotel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a really good deal! I will keep it in mind when I only need one room, thank you!
Your welcome.
As to the "one room", in "hotel speak", they have the rate for groups, which is typically 6-8 rooms per night or more, at a very large discount, or the individual rate, or BTS, which is what one guy or a family or maybe even a group of only 4 rooms per night would pay....I just thought I should elaborate on this, as it is not something discussed often here.

My comment about a single room had more to do with budget: with the number of travellers I have I would need two rooms, and that's beyond the budget...

Travelocity sent me an e-mail yesterday for a 2-room suite at the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale. That had enough space and beds for all of us, and it was $140 a night. That's really like $70/night per room, and getting a room for $70 a night is near *impossible* in Ft. Lauderdale in January... The only downside is no breakfast, but that's nothing a bag of bagels can't fix! :)

So, I'm back in Ft. Lauderdale. Thank you all very much for all of your help with this!

One last thing: I've dove with South Florida Dive Headquarters several times before. I've done every dive they have on the schedule for the weekend I'm there, so I'm willing to branch out. I got a couple of names to check out in addition, but now that I've got a specific place nailed down: Are there any dive boats you can personally recommend in the area of N. Ft. Lauderdale or Pompano Beach? The only two companies I have in that area are SFDH and Pompano Dive Center (and Scuba Tyme, but they seem to be related to Pompano Dive Center, I think.)

Are there any other Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano Beach boats to check out?

Again, thank all of you very much for your help!

Scubatyme and Pompano dive center are not related: their boats are simply parked near each other. I've been out with all the ops I listed earlier and would not hesitate to go out with any again.

Scubatyme will sometimes let you pick the site if you are first to book that day.

Hopefully this listing will help you find a charter -

List of FLL and Pompano charters:
six-pack ops have red phone numbers:

Fort Lauderdale/Dania(Port Everglades)
American Dream II / Capt. Todd Rogers / 954-577-0338
Sea Experience / Capt. Bill Cole / 954-467-6000
Blue Runner / 954-923-2388

Pompano Beach and Boca Raton (Hillsboro & Boca Inlets)
Avid Diver / Captain Oliver Paoli / 954-854-7786
Diversity / Captain Tony Coulter / 561-368-9952
Miss Conduct / Captain Conrad Nix / 954-698-6139
Under Pressure / Captain Randy Whitneck / 954-943-2628
Parrot Island Capt. Jerry / 954-942-7333
Pompano Dive Center 954-788-0208
Tonto / Captain Bob Sheridan / 954-548-4457
Lady Go Diver / 954-421-2601
South Florida Diving HQ / 800-771-3483
ScubaTyme / Capt. Enzo / 954-786-0909

Posted using Tapatalk

Obviously you know what you want, but as a gentle suggestion, I certainly wouldn't write off the local shore diving if I were in in Pompano/Lauderdale. At $3.50 a fill and $3.00 to park for a couple of hours, it's about the best bang for your scubabuck....unless you drive up to Blue Heron Bridge where the parking is free.

The shore diving at Lauderdale By The Sea is fun. I would plan one dive there for sure. It costs nothing except a tank of air. The first reef is like 50 yards out or so. There are three reefs.

This is a cheap hotel in LBTS. Outdated but clean. Across the street from the beach and public access. We had a good room, but I think there was a section where the rooms were not so nice. We stayed here on and off for a month. Full kitchen, LR, DR, Bath, Bedroom, and two walk in closets. Walk to the grocery and get fresh seafood, not a bad setup.

Dee Jay Beach Resort

An issue we had with one place, right across from the beach but no public access. You had to walk a mile to get to the beach that you were looking at from the hotel room pool. Ended up costing $$$ to park to be close to public access. We only stayed there one night...

This past summer me and Turtle05 went with Force-E out of Riviera Beach FL. Name of the boat was "The Wetter The Better." We had an awesome time the divemaster's name was Woody. Very Nice people. Highly recommended. I mean Dude.....we got to snorkel with a Manta Ray after our dives. The Capt offered us the opportunity after another boat reported it in the area...No one refused. Manta hung out with us for a LONG time. I mean talk about making some memories. Dives were already over...they coulda not mentioned it and headed back in, but the Capt left it up to us and everyone on the boat was blown away by the experience.

There's a Comfort Inn on the beach in Deerfield. It is in the middle of where all of the bars and near some restaurants. There is also a Comfort Inn in FLL on West Commercial. I would check out these as they are usually always clean hotels. I've had friends stay at the Deerfield Hotel and they said it was fine. I wold check out Pompano Dive Center, Sea Experience or South Florida Diving Headquarters if you want to do some of the great wrecks in the area. Check out Boynton Beach if you want to see fabulous reefs with lots of marine life, Starfish Enterprise, Pelican Divers, Underwater Explorers are good operators up there. Stay away from Divers Choice/Aquatherapy in Pompano Beach. The owner is questionable and shady. He's unprofessional and inappropriate to the female divers on the boat. He thinks that he owns and has all rights to them. It is creepy to see this type of behavior from a boat owner.

Any opinions on
South Florida Diving Headquarters? I have read to stay away on Google reviews. People say they cancel and ignore the divers.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom