Pompano Beach/LBTS - What's with the weather lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great now. Of course, us working folks have to wait till the weekend. then it's supposed to get windy again. ugh..

Great now. Of course, us working folks have to wait till the weekend. then it's supposed to get windy again. ugh..

This has been the norm for a month and a half now.. calm seas on weekdays, becomes rough on weekends. Should be opposite..

Any updates? Headed to Pompano this Friday and Hoping to do some shore diving. What's the viz and water temp looking like?

You will not be shore diving this weekend in SoFla unless it is at "The Bridge", or Tigertail Lake in Dania.
Deerfied Beach, Florida Surf Forecast and Surf Report

Chug
Is thinking of selling all my gear to raise money for a kiteboard and kitesurfing lessons.

LOL, Tigertail Lake? Is it even worth going there?

ABSOLUTELY!!
10'-15' of viz until the inevitable Rescue Class kicks up a silt cloud, at which point visibility will drop to about 2'.
There are also some lovely Largemouth Bass, Bream, Oscars, Peacock Bass, and Snakeheads to be seen there!
And the water has a lovely shade of green that all the "Yankee Quarry Divers" describe as something that just makes them homesick.

Chug
Learned to Windsurf on TTL in the late 70's.

So it is just like diving in the north east,only warm.

So it is just like diving in the north east,only warm.

image.jpeg

Chug
Oh-Tay!

Anyone want to do some snorkeling for bugs at the end of January? I am coming down to visit my sister and could use a dive buddy. Will have my Nearshore Dive Vehicle with me.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom