Pony and spare air pointers....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Throwing another .02 into the fish tank...Doubles with a 7' hose. The 7' hose will allow your buddy to swim along side you with no problem and make a comfortable ascent. My g/f is my most frequent buddy, and with double 120's, we have more than enough gas. You and your wife won't have any issues.

As far as expense, yes. It's considerably more expensive, but so is just about everything in this endevour. Giving a cheer for checking out Tobin at Deep Sea Supply. I bought my bp-w from him and haven't had any issues, plus he'll answer any questions you have.

Using your example of single tank dive to 130'+ cold water with a buddy you would have at least one 80 cf pony with a dog clip harness to mount it to your kit, if you clipped this bottle to a line or a wreck with the intention of returning to it later in your dive it becomes a stage bottle instead of a redundant pony - as to use it you would have to return to it to use it. Make sense?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom