Pony Bottle attachment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forgot the mouthpiece pics

Attachments

• DSCN0791.jpg
    DSCN0791.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 125
Looks good. You can probably also buy a yellow front cover for the second stage too.

You still are not routing the hose downward and under your arm...oh well. Now you changed the pony configuration and you no longer have the regulator firststage between the pony and primary. Plus you have the handle of the pony protruding backward which makes it vunerable to damage and roll off AND you probably can not reach it there either. You want the valve handle pointing toward your body, not away. The pony needs to be rotated 180 degrees!!!

You still are not routing the hose downward and under your arm...oh well. Now you changed the pony configuration and you no longer have the regulator firststage between the pony and primary. Plus you have the handle of the pony protruding backward which makes it vunerable to damage and roll off AND you probably can not reach it there either. You want the valve handle pointing toward your body, not away. The pony needs to be rotated 180 degrees!!!

I use the X bracket on a LP 13CF Pony and I agree the hose works best under the right arm. I clip the octo to my vest at the chest to give away if needed. The tank should rotate 90 degrees with the valve handle facing the same as the main tanks valve.

One of these days I'll get it right. I went ahead and mounted the tank inverted to measure for a new hose to the 2nd stage. This is what I came up with so far. I haven't bought the button gauge because I'm still configuring this setup and want to buy the right length hose at the same time. Another question I came up with is do I run the second stage hose under the BC lapel area as pictured or over the front of the BC pocket?

I apologize in advance for the frustrations Dumpsterdiver:D

Attachments

• 08-26-09 136.jpg
    08-26-09 136.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 82
  • 08-26-09 137.jpg
    08-26-09 137.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 08-26-09 138.jpg
    08-26-09 138.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 88
Looks good. I may be copying your setup. good job

Up here in the Great Lakes we sling our 40's on our left side like a deco bottle. That way should we need to we can hand our bottle off if an emergency occurs. It may seem cumbersome at first, but you don't even realize that you are wearing the pony in the water.

just bought the button guage & a tad longer bright yellow hose to route under my arm...ill post the final pics later, but sounds like my last pics of having the bottle inverted with the valve knob facing to my right is the common setup so far

heres what mine looks like as of this morning ..just need to get a slightly longer hose ..but it works for now

Scuba -
I would also spread your pony hose clamps as far apart as the bracket allows.
It will provide the bottle with a little more stability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom