Pony Bottle mounts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ_ROB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Being into scuba diving and also in to machining I couldnt find a quick Release pony bottle mount that I liked so we have come up with this design mounts either up or down positive lock and can be taken off or put on without removing your tank strap. wondering if anyone would buy them at $80.00 each

you can view at my gallery or pm me and I can send some pics..

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=all&ppuser=120234

Last edited:
Pony bottle can be simple attached to the BCD in the same way as argon bottle for dry suit.

But I think that ponny bottles are these days outdated , because of correct tanks sizes and right

diving gas management and rules of 1/3.

argon_on_single_tank.jpg

Ah! A pony bottle thread again! I coudnt see the mounting mentioned, maybe it's just me? Oh and Lucca Brassi, a pony bottle is not carried to cover up for bad gas management, it's carried to mitigate a total failure of your primary air supply.

Lucca maybe I should have said we use this mount on a 13cf and 19cf pony bottle. In 10 dives I have seen a handfull of pony bottles "Slip" out of velcro mounts. I carry a pony bottle not just for me but for others as well.

In 10 dives I have seen a handfull of pony bottles "Slip" out of velcro mounts.

actually can not because of bungee cord that hold valve but it is not seen on picture -but this way is to mount argon bottle for dry suit - so that is only hint.

I should have said we use this mount on a 13cf and 19cf pony bottle.

Understand - really don't like to do myself ''smart'' but it is very simple and effective solution - simple to handle with and known everywhere in the world stage skill of corse with small tanks standard - 40cf

Attachments

• Zajeta slika.JPG
    Zajeta slika.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 577
40 Dives with same mount not 1 droped bottle and not 1 mechanical issue. Also works well for canister light batteries.

Lost count of dives, and not once dropped a single pony bottle. Use clips attached with jubilee rings. Simple, cheap, effective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom