Pony Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cute Teddy

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to rig a pony bottle (AL19) while diving a jacket style BCD>>

Is it possibe....???>>??????

appreciate if you can post a picture..

I started using my 19 when I was in a Sherwood Avid. I just rigged it with a top & bottom bolt snapped and clipped it to shoulder and hip D rings. Grab & go, nothing special set-up and I can hand it off.

Pete

If your BC has D-Rings to connect the snaps Spectrum hit it on the head.
If not, as I just found with my brothers gear, you may need to modify the shoulder harness and belt to allow for clipping.

The problem with mounting it on the main tank is access to the tank valve and SPG.

If you have a free flow on your pony reg, there goes your redundant air tank. You also have no way of seeing the tank pressure once you put on your main tank. With the pony under your arm, you can turn on the air when needed. You also can use a mini-SPG in one of the HP ports on the pony primary so you can see your air pressure.

All in all, better to sling in under your arm than to mount it on the tank.

Last edited:
Well happy 1 and 2 year anniversaries to Dr Wu, and Shaker.:D

This thread had 7 posts before the bitching started. That's got to be some kind of record. Even for a pony thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom