Pools in GTA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric__U

Contributor
Reaction score
hey,

Any 1 know of any pools where divers caan get togeather and dive around in the GTA- any clubs doing pool sessions?
I know the olympim is closed, i heard from a girl that swims there that the contractors who re-did the pool made that divider thing in the middle of the pool to long and now their figuring out what to do. It shoul be open in dec though.
eric

Eric,

Sorry but the only place local is the olympia.
Do the Shannon have an alternative to it?

If you want to use a pool for training with scuba, you can get into the etobicoke olympia through Mississauga scuba (the shannons) or aquarius scuba ( mark) with mark the pool time costs you a club membership. Going back a couple of years it was approx $40.00. (when it is open of course)

Another option for scuba might be scuba2000. It maybe worth a call to them. I have always found their service to be quite good.

If you are looking for swimming there is an excellent triathalon group training out of the community center on the west side of the erin mills town center. The contact there is brad melville . You can contact him at the community center front counter.

all the best
CC

I think the Duram region divers club also has pool time. I can't recall the website but you can probably do a search on the web or contact the guys at DiveSource and they will know. Again you will likely have to join up as a member but from what they said it is unlimited pool time whenever they have the pool. I am sure this works pretty much the same for other clubs...
And like Col. Cluster mentioned... S2K has a pool right in their shop! Very convenient...

Canadian Sub Aqua Club has the Thornlea Pool on Bayview every Monday from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM. We are always looking for new active members. We also organize dive trips and social events. Membership is $80.00 per year. E-mail me for more information.

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom