Popups When Logging In

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack Hammer

Contributor
Reaction score
The last few times I've logged in via mobile phone I get BS Popups telling me I've won stuff and click to claim prizes. Only happens when I click the login, and only on this site.

I'm using:
T mobile, Samsung S5, Android, Chrome.

Thanks - Jeff

I would check your phone for malware or a virus. There are no popups on ScubaBoard.

I thought it was odd and didn't think the site sponsored them. No Mal ware found on the phone yet. Again, the odd part is it only happens when I come to SB and only when I click login. Nothing yet happens at any other sites I visit. I posted it to play it safe, in case any one else had been getting something similar. I'll focus on my phone as no issues with tablet.
Thanks - Jeff ☺

With adsense or something similar you could be getting "tailored" ads. And then who knows how they play with other adware apps you may have on your phone. I.e. the pops you're seeing may be specific to your phone and legit -- if you call that legit, that is.

With adsense or something similar you could be getting "tailored" ads. And then who knows how they play with other adware apps you may have on your phone. I.e. the pops you're seeing may be specific to your phone and legit -- if you call that legit, that is.
I don't have pop-ups enabled via Adsense, actually i have those blocked, so there is no reason you should get pop-ups on ScubaBoard.

One told me I won a million dollars and to just click OK to claim it... Pretty sure it's not legit

Still no Mal ware or viruses found on phone. Haven't ruled it out as it makes most sense. waiting to see what happens next time I log in on my phone.

- Jeff ☺

If you can... take a screenshot of it. On a GS5, it's power button and home button... press both together for like 2 seconds.

Update:

I switched my Antivirus app and haven't had any issues since. People on another forum I sometimes go to reported similar issues so I think it was related to that site. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom