Port confusion!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Canon T2i with a Sea&Sea RDX550D housing. I've just purchased a Canon 100mm f2.8L IS lens that I'm anxious to use in the water. I need to buy a port and port base, but the online Sea&Sea chart lists ports that are discontinued and I was told the chart was out of date.

I'm being told the right configuration is the Port Base L with the Compact Macro Port (SS-30111). The information about the SS-30111 is that it is for a 60mm lens and only 62.5mm long. Adding the port base gives another 20mm, but that still doesn't add up to over 100mm.

Although the math doesn't work, is this still the right configuration for the 100mm lens I have? If not, what parts do I need for my housing?

I've got a RDX 500d and am using the RDX port base large together with the macro port base and the macro port sii. The three give a combination which works fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The three should work

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom