Porteau and the Coast Guard hovercraft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonixWarrior

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Went camping/diving at porteau on monday/tuesday. Dove the peir, and on tuesday morning around noon we saw the hovercraft show up and tie onto the yellow buoy near the stern of the Granthall. No idea what they were up to. Ideas?

I also noticed they had a pair of anchors on deck that I recognize as oil rig anchors. What the heck are they using those for out here?
ygazaqen.jpg

ejutydyh.jpg
u5y8u5ud.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No idea re that location, but they do seem to be more active this year. Was at Plumper Cove last weekend (the long weekend) and the hovercraft showed up - wound its way through all the anchored boats, tied up to the dock for an hour and then left. Sunday afternoon. There was a report of a missing swimmer earlier in the afternoon that was resolved prior to the hovercraft showing up so that may be why they were in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom