Posada Del Sol, Guanaja: Closed? 9/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I have just heard that Posada del Sol is no longer in operation (since Sept.1, 2004?)

Several people that were booked there by Roatan Charter have been re-booked at other resorts. RC appears to be out a chunk of change in order to make good on the traveller's trips.

Pics of Posada del Sol are at http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=400165

This follows the closing of Bayman Bay a few years back.

Hurricane Mitch + TACA + 9/11 = a tough go of it

Does anyone know if Posada del Sol is closed for good? My husband and I had reserved a trip for December directly through the resort. Up until the beginning of November just a couple of weeks ago, the staff at Posada was acting as though everything was fine and normal. Then on 11/3 a staff member emailed me to say that the resort was temporarily closed due to "maintenence problems" and they offered to book us in another resort. I called the other resort directly and that property was completely booked for our dates. At that point I requested a refund of our deposit, which they said they would process for me. But now they don't respond to emails, none of the phone numbers work, and I'm out a lot of money. Does anybody else have any experience with a situation like this, I'm not sure what to do now! Thanks!

I am not surprised. Mitch has claimed another life. I am sure Ivan will claim several before it is all said and done. I think Seaview in GC is gone forever. :17:

parrotheaddiver:
I am not surprised. Mitch has claimed another life. I am sure Ivan will claim several before it is all said and done. I think Seaview in GC is gone forever. :17:
Naked Fish too? :11:

Scuba_John:
Naked Fish too? :11:

This is posted on the Seaview website. Don't know anything about the restaurant but is sounds like it will not be the same if anything is rebuilt there.

Ron Kipp announced today that he has been advised the hotel property has been sold. Ron indicated that he was unaware of future plans for the property but stated that the current management team will not be involved in future operations.
The Staff, Alisha, Ron, Paul, Christina, Barbara, Everton, and M.J. thank all past guests and wish them great diving in the future.
Ron Kipp

Thats got to be hard! Its too bad I did my IE there was a great time. So tell me how is the old SM doing? Use to have a house on Leslie just on the other side of R12 when I was in school there. Third up on the right going south.

Scuba_John:
Thats got to be hard! Its too bad I did my IE there was a great time. So tell me how is the old SM doing? Use to have a house on Leslie just on the other side of R12 when I was in school there. Third up on the right going south.

I don't know how long it has been since you were there, but it is growing and you spend all your time at traffic lights trying to get through town. The river is still beautiful and inviting on a hot summer day or a cold winter day when the steam is rising off of it.

Back
Top Bottom