Poseidon 1st Stage Part Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyoung

Registered
Reaction score
Hi:

I am an avid reader more than a contributor, and now have run into a problem.

Background:
Certified tech - no, I help out the local LDS in reg maintenance. At home, I'm not interrupted with "I need........". Also, regardless of the reason they are in the shop, I completely disassemble, clean, inspect (under magnification), assemble w/new parts, bench test and return. Upon return, the LDS tech will also bench test prior to returning to customer (my idea, not his - but he is all for it, afterall check and dbl check).

Situation:
Poseidon Set, I've narrowed it down to a Cyklon 300 with a "I think" a 2305 1st stage.

The LDS does not have any literature on the Poseidon's, I searched the net and found what I needed, if I remember it was frogkick.dk.

Since this was the first of a kind for me, I machined a brass block to hold the 1st stage, I also machined a valve seat removal tool out of Delrin. (Machinist by trade, & have machined some small delicate parts @ one time or another).

Tapped the seat out, ""Now here's the problem":

The seat is made of plastic (Nylon, UHMW, or something), it has an O ring, and a brass seat that the valve piston mates with. The brass seat was dislocated from the plastic. Under magnification, the brass seat should not be reused.

From the literature that I found the valve seat PN is 2803.

The help:

1. Any remote chance someone just happens to have a couple of spares tucked away for a rainy day.

2. Possible source for Poseidon (older models) parts.

Thanks -- carl

Their is a scuba shop in Carrollton Texas called International Scuba that still can get as for as i no can get all Poseidon Parts for all the Poseidon Line Now to your problem do not understand what brass part you are talking about the seat is removed with a special tool and re inserted with a special tool after a new oring is installed it just presses into the body their is the seat and the o ring i can send you a cut sheet of the 2305 if you send me your e mail address i will send you one but you can get the seats at that dive shop in Carrollton I buy older poseidon parts their when i cant get them any where else
My e mail address is joequiz@sbcglobal.net

Talk to the guys at scubatoys and ask them to put you in touch with the regional rep, he may be able to help you

cyoung
I work at home also.I have a small lathe and can make any tool needed from a hoard of nuts, bolts ,bits of pipe,etc in the shed.
But the thing that caught my eye was having your job checked before return to the customer. I now have a policy of keeping a reg or bc for one week after overhaul, then I check it thoroughly. Then it is to be checked in the shop, in front of the customer--no freeflow,hoses tight,I.P. stable,breathing characteristics---.
Some customers just want to get their reg and go, but i think it is essential that work is "gone over" independently, before it leaves the shop.

Back
Top Bottom