Poseidon 1st stage yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your reg has a DIN fitting, then when the din is very tight, it won't swivel... it should only be finger tight. with the captured O-ring it doesn't have to be tight to seal right.
The part of the din fitting face that holds the O-ring is solid mounted into the reg body. the din face is not mounted on a swivel. The face and the shank that the threaded part spins around is a threaded tube and screws into the body. If your reg was spining before it may be because the o-ring was worn out. With a new soft oring it will move a little but it won't exactly spin freely. If you have one of the older poseidons that have a true yoke fitting (not a din-yoke converter, which is rare) then yes the yoke should spin with very little resistance. if it doesn't it may be because the yoke nut was cranked down too tight, or the oring is missing and the nut bottomed out on the yoke.

leadweight:
Poseidon is known for unusually expensive parts charges. You might be better off switching to something else like Scubapro or Apeks.
65 bucks parts and labour too much for having the most reliable reg between your teeth?????? :wink:

Sounds like something's not right and I would take it back. Lately from some of the stuff I've been seeing and personally experienced it seems like alot of shops have trouble servicing ANY brand of reg correctly the first time! As a side note, when you have the tank valve open (pressure ON), nothing should swivel on the first stage (because of the air pressure), so I wouldn't worry about it coming off during a dive.

Omicron:
I do know that when I REALLY crank my regulators down (like when I really screw my reg tight into my tanks) it won't swivel. It seems that when I really tighten 'em down, it tightens up enough to "lose" the swivel.

They switched the order on the re-assembly.

The orifice that holds the yoke is supposed to bottom out in the body of the first stage (hence the yoke will swivel) before it comes in contact with the yoke.

TAKE IT BACK!

Good luck

Wes

I think Wes is right. They did not assemble your regulator correctly. Make them fix it.

Hi

What you have is a so called lazy dive shop employee who didn't bother to run a secondary service check on your regulator after he completed the service work. The hoses in the wrong position on the first stage goes to show he doesn't wright down the configuration befor he breaks it down. There are hundreds of dive shop operators out there working on equipment they have no clue about. My suggestion is take a service program your self on scuba regulators if you can, and after you do, I guarintee you will never allow any shop nerd to touch your regs again, as for parts kit they all over Ebay.

Mr A

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom