Poseidon Jetstream on "normal" 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubenluengas

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone if there is possible to put a jetstream octopus on a "normal" first stage.

I think that Jetstream needs a in-usual high intermediate pressure to work fine.

What would happen if I adjust jetstream to work on a normal intermediate pressure as 8.5 or 9 bar????

Also, in a down stream 1st what happen with jetstream?

thx a lot

Ruben

The Jetstream uses an intermediate pressure of 145 psi, or almost 10 bar. You wouldn't need to "de-tune" the thing, or you wouldn't notice any difference in performance by adjusting it down by a half-BAR.
The Cyklon is the one that uses 174 psi, or almost 12 bar.

Not sure what you mean by "in a down stream 1st what happen with jetstream?"

design if 1st stage doesn't make much difference, but I'd avoid a piston if you're in cold water.

I have a Jetstream on a normal first stage and it works great, just as Bob3 said. (I also have a Maximus on the same rig which, as some say, may help in the event of overpressurization)
Norm

I have the Poseidon FFM with a built in 2nd stage. It attaches to a Poseidon Jetstream - Odin (a 1st / 2nd Stage combo). I use the 2nd stage as my octo since the FFM came with its own 2nd stage. When I purchased it the specs were a certain pressure. However, I was talking to reps from Trelleborg - Viking and they stated there was a modification to the pressure that was recommeneded by Poseidon. You may want to inquire about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom