Poseidon springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

otobmark

Registered
Reaction score
Are there supposed to be 1 or 2 springs on top of the diaphram of a poseidon 1st stage? I was working over my gear getting ready for summer and my Poseidon 1st had only 1 spring (and some light brown corrosion that buffed out!)and I thought I remembered 2 springs from before. Last year it was serviced by LDS instead of me and seemed to work fine. Even now, I have no problem setting it up and getting IP right. Everything seems fine but I've yet to try it in the water. Maybe I'm just getting confused in my old age but I thought I'd ask. He could have left a part out.
Thanks
Mark

On the bottom marked: CYKLON 5000 EN-250 and then under that is: 3950 900856

It is definitely not the "old style". I think this one came w/ a plastic 2nd stage originally.
Thanks again,
Mark

I got your pvt message and have replied. Having all the info is great and knowing I don't need to tear down again is good. So, maybe one of my other regs has the 2 springs and I didn't just imagine it! I'm going to start logging what I do from now on including serial numbers, work done, source of parts etc.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom