Poseidon vs. everybody else

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aha , so thats the story behind the X-stream.

By the way BOB3: in germany you can buy the Cycklon metal very very cheap. And even cheaper if you live in US (less taxes i think)

www.deepstop.de

xerxes

You will be able to buy the first stages separately in a near future according to the Viking/Poseidon rep.
The X-tream first stages will work with the older Jetstream/Odin second stages, this since the second stage basically is the same reg. It looked to me that it was mainly the outer plastic shell that has been changed on the second stage.

If these new regs seems to be a great improvement over the Jetstream/Odin first stage, it would be a cheaper way to uppgrade for those who desire, compared to buying two new regs with second stages.

Sincerely

Anders :)

Hi Global Diver,
I chatted with that nice young Swede at the show, too & was glad to hear that Poseidens were coming down in price on the American market (just in time for the recession!) Their entire product line impressed me greatly (although there are other colors besides black & grey, someone should tell them.)

I would love to hear more about the Los Angeles shop with this product line. I value durability & hope to make my next reg one that will last a lifetime thru a variety of situations. I suspect that such a fine reg would also have resale value if the buyer tired of it.

I was in Southern Scuba in Ft Worth early last week and they said now that the Xtreme is out for retail the prices of the cyclone and jetstream have dropped. He quoted something in the high $400s for a cyclone.

You can buy a Poseidon Odin on LeisurePro's site for $249.00(if they still have them).

The Cyklon 3000 is roughly the same price at SDSWatersports in the U.K. or Divers Warehouse for $250.00. U.S. plus shipping.

Better yet get a used Poseidon from Ebay. As many divers have written even a 30 year old Cyklon perform flawlessly. And the old Cyklons are all metal which is more costly now.

Another advantage of the side exhaust is the lack of torque the reg. has in your mouth. I have an Apeks TX50 too, but it has a large second and hangs in my mouth. My Poseidon has a large mouthpiece and doesn't "hang" so heavy in mouth do to the side exhaust design. At depth the Odin breathes like no other reg. I have tried-it's like not even breathing from a tank. They are incredibly simple design and you CAN get someone to work on them for the same price as a Sherwood Brute. That someone is Michael Rainone in Florida. He used to work on the US Navy's regs. which mostly are Jetstream/Odin.

I have a Poseidon - and am absolutely in love with it.

The thing breathes so unbelievably easy - I don't even think about the fact that I'm breathing off a reg when I use it...it's just awesome. I love the little switch on it - move it to the + symbol, ungodly easy breathing. Move it to the - symbol, a little restricted.

What they say about the purge is true - hold onto your tonsils, because that thing really purges!!!!

Overall, I love the regulator. I have never used a more perfect one in my opinion. I rented regs for about 2 months when I started diving, and then a friend loaned me his Jetstream. I was sold - I bought one the next week.

I agree....I have a number of regs, but I like the Poseidon Odin I bought 4 months ago so much that last week I bought a 2nd Odin reg set!

It's very relaxing/reassuring to breathe from......just compare the size of the mouthpiece orfice to that of any other regulator......it's obvious even to the casual observer that the Odin it built to deliver massive air flow....yet it does so quite comfortably.......it's fills the lungs instantly, no matter how hard you are swimming!

The bubbles are really off to the side too.....so even stationary you get excellent visibility...no bubbles 'pounding' the mask or blocking vision.

Karl

I've been using Poseidon regs for several years now and I can't imagine using anything else. You can't find a better or more reliable regulator. I use Odins when diving my tek rig and Cyklons on my recreational rig. I'm still waiting to see the Xstream.

Other than their excellant performance in extreme cold water, I don't like them (for most of the reasons given). I would add that I find them incredibly uncomfortable too.

Mike

I just bought a Jetstream set as my primary reg. At first I didn't like the way the mouthpiece felt it was really uncomfortable, but what I did was take the mouthpiece from my Sherwood Oasis and put it on the Jetstream. Now I LOVE IT. Breaths like a champ and I really don't get any bubble interference. Breaths in all positions. Don't know much about the service costs, but I have 3 friends with them and they don't complain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom