Question post info in a table

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Mouth Breather

Mouth Breather

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any way to do this besides linking a google doc? For instance, I'd like to start a south Florida dive charter info 'thread' with a table containing pertinent details of our charters that anyone could add to. Bad idea?

There's smartsheet but I think it will be more complicated than google sheets as I think you have to register in order to use it. You could put a regular spreadsheet on a website and have a link to order it. Or you could use a regular spreadsheet (xlsx and libreoffice or openoffice or msoffice or many others as the editor) and put it on github.com. Then you'd have the advantage of version control. That's also a lot more complicated than using sheets.

Personally, I don't like google sheets but it is well suited for what you're proposing.

You can build tables directly and copy and paste from a word processing or spreadsheet program. Take a look at this thread in the Frequently Asked Questions forum:

You can build tables directly and copy and paste from a word processing or spreadsheet program. Take a look at this thread in the Frequently Asked Questions forum:

Is there a way to make such a post indefinitely editable by other users?

Is there a way to make such a post indefinitely editable by other users?

It can be done at the forum level but I'm not that I'm aware of settings that allow it at the thread level. Let me check with people that knows permissions far better than me. Ping @The Chairman @Miyaru

Another option is to request that a ScubaBoard Staff member (mod) edit the file for you. What do you have in mind? DM me if you won't want to go into detail in public.

Editing after 24 hours is disabled due to past abuse. Please report the post and tell us exactly how it should read. Giving us the entire edited post is best in that circumstance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom