Post Trip Report - Mar 13-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20Bubbles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So we are back home in the snow and cold after spending five days in gorgeous Cozumel and finally downloaded the pictures to be able to post up the post trip report. So here is our view...

Again, our special thanks go out to Christi and everyone at BlueXTSea Diving. After two years, it was like coming home to see family. We honestly don't believe that there is a better operator or crew out there and she will continue to have our business any and every time we return.

In the four days we had for diving, we managed to get in 12 dives (including a night dive) - which was exactly what we wanted. We had the pleasure of having Mago, Adan, and Pedro as our capitans, and had Pedro, Juan, and Blanca as our dive masters. As stated before, we think this is the best crew on the island. All of the DM's had amazing eyesight finding critters big and small.

We dove the following sites: Palancar Gardens, Palancar Caves, Palancar Horseshoe, Santa Rosa, Punta Tunich, La Francesa, Dalila, Tormentos, Las Palmas Wall, Paradise Reef (day and night), Chankanaab. Our normal profiles were anywhere from 50-60+ minutes on the first dive and 60-75 minutes on the second dives.

We also had the pleasure of diving with several members from the board Aubrey (aubie85) & Will, Jay (jpomerantz), and Tim (Gamehunter - I think) & his daughter April. It was a great pleasure meeting and diving with you all. Tim and April, thanks for being our partners in crime in all of the diving.

Reef Conditions:

Our last trip to Cozumel was just after the Hurricane Wilma in Feb and Mar of 2006. We have to say that we were incredibly pleased with the way the island and reefs are recovering. The reefs and fish life are healthy, and you can see new growth coming back even on the hardest hit of reefs. Our favorite dives were by far Palancar Caves and Paradise Reef at night. Rather than try to put it in words, I will share my photos:

Cozumel Underwater - Feb 2008 - a photoset on Flickr

or

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=2994

Hotel:

We stayed at the Vista del Mar hotel, which was our first time using this hotel. While this is not an upscale all inclusive, we were very pleased with this hotel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We had a small refrigerator which allowed us a shopping trip to Chedraui for lunch stuff and fruits. We had a king size bed overlooking the oceans. The downtown location of this hotel makes it incredibly easy to get to anything. The only down side of the hotel is that it is downtown - which means that during the day hours there is the constant influx of cruise ship passengers. All said, we would definitely stay here again.

2352877757_a0ae4f33d6.jpg

2353708448_91f0b9a3df.jpg

2352878351_2925013b20.jpg

2353709276_ec63a9985e.jpg

2353709450_4c7bdbeec1.jpg

2353710014_f7796680f6.jpg

It was great seeing you guys and can you believe we'll see you again in about 85 days!!!!

Great photos, nice color! One small suggestion here...would it be possible to resize your photos? The large size requires people with smaller screens (I have a 17") to have to scroll to read :) 600x400 is a good posting size :)

Hey - it was great meeting you guys this week. Too bad we didn'y get more dives intogether but I suspect we will definately make that up in <90 days - I CAN'T WAIT!!!

It was great seeing you guys and can you believe we'll see you again in about 85 days!!!!

Great photos, nice color! One small suggestion here...would it be possible to resize your photos? The large size requires people with smaller screens (I have a 17") to have to scroll to read :) 600x400 is a good posting size :)

It is cool that we will all be together again so soon... we can't wait. And we've changed the image links to the smaller photos. I forget that although I have a small 17.5" laptop screen the resolution is set higher so everything looks smaller to me.

Thanks for taking the time to post your photos and sharing your trip. Loved seeing the colors that I miss so terribly!!!

I have a Canon A620 housed in the Canon DC-90 housing with an Ikelite DS-50 strobe with an external controller.

Back
Top Bottom