Post up pics of your gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andyblue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just thought it might be interesting to see what others used.. perhaps some questions would follow from people that were looking to purchase that type of kit and want to know how you find it. ill start.

OMS IQ Harness systems with 32lb lift bladder
P1050823.jpg

Aqualung Impulse 3 flex snorkles
Cressi Star 70 Pnumatic spear gun
P1050824.jpg

Aqualung slinghot fins
P1050829.jpg

Aqualung Micro mask
P1050831.jpg

Oceanic VT3
P1050835.jpg

Pinnacle Karbonflex merino lined gloves
P1050836.jpg

Tusa Expert Series II Titanium dieve knife
P1050839.jpg

Aqualung Legend Supreme ACD
Aqualung Occy (cheap i wanna new one)
Sherwood compact guages
Underwater Kinetics Remora titanium BC knife
P1050841.jpg

P1050843.jpg

P1050844.jpg

P1050845.jpg

P1050847.jpg

So thats the main bits of my kit

Any Suggestions / Recommendations Are welcome!
Any Qustions or comments welcome too!

I would like to upgrade some bits n pieces but mostly im really happy with my gear!

Enjoyed the photos. Good idea keeping all the gear in one location. The problem I personally would have with the white closet/cabinet is that I would eventually put my gear in it wet to some degree. Would be great for winter dry storage for me. The other item that would not work for me is I like to lay my fins flat so they don't take on a permanent curl at the tips.

I have the same reg. Decorative silver ring gets lots of barracuda attention that I don't like. Other than that its a kick ass reg, lov it.

I use a Blue Reef knife also. Impressed with its edge.

Like the fins. I have some US Diver Blades from the 90's that will not wear out.

Thanks for sharing. Maybe I will take a few photos of my gear one day

Just thought it might be interesting to see what others used.. perhaps some questions would follow from people that were looking to purchase that type of kit and want to know how you find it. ill start.

OMS IQ Harness systems with 32lb lift bladder
P1050823.jpg

Aqualung Impulse 3 flex snorkles
Cressi Star 70 Pnumatic spear gun
P1050824.jpg

Aqualung slinghot fins
P1050829.jpg

Aqualung Micro mask
P1050831.jpg

Oceanic VT3
P1050835.jpg

Pinnacle Karbonflex merino lined gloves
P1050836.jpg

Tusa Expert Series II Titanium dieve knife
P1050839.jpg

Aqualung Legend Supreme ACD
Aqualung Occy (cheap i wanna new one)
Sherwood compact guages
Underwater Kinetics Remora titanium BC knife
P1050841.jpg

P1050843.jpg

P1050844.jpg

P1050845.jpg

P1050847.jpg

So thats the main bits of my kit

Any Suggestions / Recommendations Are welcome!
Any Qustions or comments welcome too!

I would like to upgrade some bits n pieces but mostly im really happy with my gear!

Just a thought, but if you posted your address too, I would know where I can pick up some nice, nearly new gear :wink:
IJS, be a bit careful about giving out too much specifics.

Thats ok Lee thanks for contibuting, I have knoticed that my fins are curling.. hmm I think ill need to reconsider how they are stored.

Well I don't technically have much gear to post, but I might bite later and post pics of what I do have just for the fun of it. I did want to ask though, what the dimensions of your cabinet are and where you got it, it seems like the perfect storage solution (once we get our gear!) for our limited spaces, either that or we are thinking about those big roll around tool box like things from lowes or home depot (of course I can't find them online to show what I mean). Although I agree with Lee Taylor about probably end up putting things that are still wet/damp in there, which would not turn out too good, unless it's real wood, which I doubt, everything is particle board these days :( With all that said though, I do love your set up!

Well I don't technically have much gear to post, but I might bite later and post pics of what I do have just for the fun of it. I did want to ask though, what the dimensions of your cabinet are and where you got it, it seems like the perfect storage solution (once we get our gear!) for our limited spaces, either that or we are thinking about those big roll around tool box like things from lowes or home depot (of course I can't find them online to show what I mean). Although I agree with Lee Taylor about probably end up putting things that are still wet/damp in there, which would not turn out too good, unless it's real wood, which I doubt, everything is particle board these days :( With all that said though, I do love your set up!

I am not sure of the exact measurments of the cuboards. I purchased them from bunnings warehouse. It's a hardware store in Australia. The cuboards are the cheapest ones I could get and the were in the flat packed storage section. They are actually ment for el cheapo laundry storage however I liked them better than the cheap garage storage thought they looked better so puchased a few and lined em up along the sides of the garage. I had to modify them just a little by screwing in some extra shelving and braceing and installing hooks behind the bc's also adding the hooks to accomodate spearguns and 'store alls' for the snorkles n such. I actually need another cuboard for my gear as this is only about half of my setup. Knoticed no lights, wetties, drift hooks, so on and so forth... I would not store anything wet I don't do it with my clothes and my wardrobe so why would I do it with my dive gear lol? I just sit it all under the central heating if winter or a shady spot on the grass in summer couple of days and I can store it again without worry of my gear rotting and stinking lol. I'd love to see your gear too! That's what this thread is for so I can and anyone else can ask questions like 'hey!, I was thinking of buying that! What's it like?' :)

Ok, I'll post pics of what I have so far and the two things I want next, lol.

Body Glove Mask, Fins, and Snorkel Set
9h3uyx.jpg

Deep See Polynesian Booties
24mrgup.jpg

Aqualung Titan Regulator
2w3rrkp.jpg

Aqualung Titan Octopus
2psrhb7.jpg

What I want:

Pearl i3 BCD
110ejw9.jpg

As of now (keeps changing lol) Cobra 3
2d0b2o2.jpg

Thanks for sharing ocean lover. I have been told the i3 is quite good.very streamlined. Thanks Susan I love my setup however there is always something that needs upgrading lol. I wouldn't recommend the pnumatic spearguns if your a serious spearo. They are too loud. They do the job if you want a nice fresh dinner though

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom