Post your boats!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR:
Hey! I don't think I got my invitation for a boatride next time I go to the US... Must have lost it somehow :D

Well here's your invitation for a boatride!! The only bad part is we wont be diving since the area where we use it is not what most people would consider a good dive spot... 3 inches of visibility on a good day!!! We were out on 4th of July and a friend pulled out and wrapped the anchor line around his prop shaft... I didn't have tanks so I grabbed a mask and freedove under his boat to remove the line and I had my mask up against the prop just so I could see where it was wrapped up!!!!

Here's my boat, a rebuilt 25' 1973 Chris Craft Tournament. The twin 4 cyl inboards are pretty good on gas.

Key West 196 Bay Reef w/ Yamaha 150

boat.jpg

right1.jpg

Here's our baby. 2000 Crownline 202Br

It's a 20ft bowrider with a volvo penta 4.3 sx drive (stern drive). Haven't dove off it yet but we are planning on adding an additional swim platform on the back.

This is our delivery vehicle

BrianM:
Well here's your invitation for a boatride!! The only bad part is we wont be diving since the area where we use it is not what most people would consider a good dive spot... 3 inches of visibility on a good day!!! We were out on 4th of July and a friend pulled out and wrapped the anchor line around his prop shaft... I didn't have tanks so I grabbed a mask and freedove under his boat to remove the line and I had my mask up against the prop just so I could see where it was wrapped up!!!!

Ok, I'll pay for the the gin, you pay the fuelbill, and we're off! :)

Hey, why not go on a cruise to see the fiords of Norway with thay boat? I'll be your guide for free! :crafty:

This is one of the dive boats we use when we arrange dive trips at Hitra in Norway:

29fot.jpg

29fot_2.jpg

(Me, my kids & my dogs...)

This baby is 29 ft, 100% aluminum and has a 220 HP turbo-diesel inboard with fixed prop and high speed rudder. The engine will likely be upgraded to a 300 hp turbo-diesel... :D :D :D

Beautiful boat, are those custom built? Just curious, not intending to be a troll question, why do europe based boats tend to have the console further aft than similar boats in the USA and also why do they seem to have those aft mounted arches? I see similar arches on ski boats/ wake boats here but not on saltwater dive boats. Just curious, do you have a forward dive ladder there? Looking at the opening in your forward rail? Your dogs look to be having fun.
My boat, not a good pic, a BW 190 Nantucket (now for 06 it is an Outrage 190). Note my dogs. They don't like to swim but they love the ride as well! N

Nemrod:
Beautiful boat, are those custom built? Just curious, not intending to be a troll question, why do europe based boats tend to have the console further aft than similar boats in the USA and also why do they seem to have those aft mounted arches? I see similar arches on ski boats/ wake boats here but not on saltwater dive boats. Just curious, do you have a forward dive ladder there? Looking at the opening in your forward rail? Your dogs look to be having fun.
My boat, not a good pic, a BW 190 Nantucket (now for 06 it is an Outrage 190). Note my dogs. They don't like to swim but they love the ride as well! N

Hi, I cannot really give you good answers to your questions. I might as well ask you the opposite about US-built boats :wink: It could be because these boats are only built with a heavy diesel inboard engine and fixed prop on a straight axel. Therefore the engine (weight) is placed much further foreward than in US built V8-equipped high speed cruisers with stern drives. The engine is placed underneath and in front of the console.

Diesel for fuel economy, fixed axel for better grip in rough conditions. We have expensive gas, cheap marine diesel and rough seas :crafty:

There's a dive ladder which fixes on the side rails. We exit out the rear, and enter on the ladder. If it is very calm we just skip up the rear, equipment first.

The arch is for mounting instruments and lights. This boat has GPS and a plotter with a 10" color screen combined with a sounder. There's plenty room for a compact radar too, if one has money to spend...

If my dogs love boating? Check it out! :D

29fot_3.jpg

By the way, the place we're at, awsome diving !!! I wish some of you could experience our cold water diving. -It's not so cold either. We have "warm" water from the Mexico Gulf passing by :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom