Post your boats!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisc:
Here's mine

From the number of wheels on your trailer, I guess you don't have one single 4-cyl Volvo B20 engine in there, huh? :D

What are you using this boat for? We have very few of them here, and they're mostly lying in the marina as high-viz party-floats. But then gas here is about $6 pr Gallon, so...

KOMPRESSOR:
From the number of wheels on your trailer, I guess you don't have one single 4-cyl Volvo B20 engine in there, huh? :D

What are you using this boat for? We have very few of them here, and they're mostly lying in the marina as high-viz party-floats. But then gas here is about $6 pr Gallon, so...

Twin 502 HO Mercruisers. Run it on the ocean and the lakes, gas here is about $2.65/gal, but I hold 250 gallons...

chrisc:
Twin 502 HO Mercruisers. Run it on the ocean and the lakes, gas here is about $2.65/gal, but I hold 250 gallons...

I stand corrected... Gas was $6,60/gal at the gas station today :death2:
-I'm so happy my old V8 4x4 Sub runs on auto-diesel, which is ONLY $5,50/gal... (Marine-diesel has no roadtax, so it's only $3,70/gal).

But still, I look at some of the boats* you guys cruise around in (*Yes, both the ones in the water and the ones on the road... :D ). You gotta be pretty well off to buy these toys, EVEN in the US, right?

Kompressor, no, I think that tax laws here allow claiming a boat with a head and galley as a second home? Since my boat does not have such features and since I already have a second home I have not investigated that very much. Gas in the USA has always been fairly low and still is. When you are the new Rome we can send---never mind.
I hold 60 gallons, my Optimax 150 burns about 4.8 GPM at 24 to 26 MPH. So, it is actually very frugal compared to some of the machinery shown here. It also consumes about one gallon of oil per 60 gallons of fuel and the oil is about 22 dollars per gallon or less in bulk (special DFI oil).
Your boat does not look to be exactly a cheapo special--lol. What you dive way up there, are there kelp forests, rocks etc, lot's of fish to see? N

Nemrod:
Kompressor, no, I think that tax laws here allow claiming a boat with a head and galley as a second home? Since my boat does not have such features and since I already have a second home I have not investigated that very much. Gas in the USA has always been fairly low and still is. When you are the new Rome we can send---never mind.
I hold 60 gallons, my Optimax 150 burns about 4.8 GPM at 24 to 26 MPH. So, it is actually very frugal compared to some of the machinery shown here. It also consumes about one gallon of oil per 60 gallons of fuel and the oil is about 22 dollars per gallon or less in bulk (special DFI oil).
Your boat does not look to be exactly a cheapo special--lol. What you dive way up there, are there kelp forests, rocks etc, lot's of fish to see? N

Hello Nemrod!
I just wish the alu-beauty was mine, but it isn't... It's the boat I use when I arrange scuba vacations up at Hitra islands in mid-Norway 4-5 times a year. We've recently started a small company to take care of that + other stuff, and we're even opening a little boat shop on Sept. 3rd!

KOMPRESSOR's new business

Our boat is posted in the beginning of this thread, since I started it :) -And our boat is a rather modest one.

The alu is actually one of several (smaller) we use. We have a great arrangement with the owner of the place!

What we dive for here? Well, in late fall, winter and early spring our waters are usually very clear. In February we had 40M/130ft viz, which is extraordinary, even here. Night diving is just awsome when you hit conditions like that!

Our uw-fauna is varied, but free of any dangerous species. Except one or two grubby old wolf eels laying around :wink: I'm not so much into the English names of our critters, but I can recommend a website which gives you great descriptions of ANY living thing in our waters. You'll find it in English here:

Marine fish & invertebrates of Northern Europe

Now although the website is great, the book is even better. (As always!) Most scuba divers interested in our uw-fauna have long since invested in this book, except for any odd wreck diver who prefer to look at dead stuff :wink:

hvitting.jpg

One of my own pics, from last week actually. We went to Hitra for a family vacation. we live in the inland, about an 8 hours drive from Hitra, or one hour north of Oslo. -We have to travel to dive in salt water, but we have neat fresh water diving just next to our home.

Here's my own album from our February trip:

Reidar's February album

And here are the albums from two of our guests on the same trip:

Haakon's February album
Ole Reidar's February album:

Here I am last week! Not with very good trim, but I can really blame that on the 40-some HUUUUGE scallops in my net!

reidar_uw.jpg

Way off topic, but I'm the only one who really can complain, since this is my own thread :D

OK, here is a picture of my boat, Enterprise.

OK, here is a picture of my boat, Enterprise. [/IMG]

I hope I got it right this time. If so, this is Enterrprise.

showphoto.php
[/url]

I really will get this right. I hope.

EnterpriseOnSite.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom