Post your boats!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccohn2000:
OK, I've never uploaded a photo. I hope it worked. If it did, see my (our) new joy!! Put it in at Pt Lobos yesterday and got to see Blue Fish Cove for the first time. Too many flies on the surface, but oooh baby it was nice below. :)

OK- I don't think it worked. Would someone please tell me how to do it, or where to go to find out. Thanks!

Sweet ride! Thanks for posting :D

ccohn2000:
OK, I've never uploaded a photo. I hope it worked. If it did, see my (our) new joy!! Put it in at Pt Lobos yesterday and got to see Blue Fish Cove for the first time. Too many flies on the surface, but oooh baby it was nice below. :)

OK- I don't think it worked. Would someone please tell me how to do it, or where to go to find out. Thanks!

Posting the pic worked just fine.

I like the way the boat sits down between the wheels, not above
them like a lot of inflatable traiers. That helps keep your truck
dry.

Be careful to pick your days at Pt. Lobos so the tides are right,
both for launching and retreiving. You don't want to get it in
and not be able to get it out.

If there were lots of kelp flies, you were probably up in the main
kelp bed in Bluefish. The Great Pinnacle out in the mouth of
Bluefish is even better.

I really like your RIB ccohn2000, very nice machine, hope you enjoy it.

This is another pic of my Whaler anchored with my dad sitting onboard while I took my wife and dogs and mother ashore. So far I run 26MPH at 4.9GPM, 30.5MPH at 6.1GPM and about 3800RPM. Speeds are GPS, GPM from SmartCraft. Top speed is 46ish MPH. It also pulls a skier nicely though a removeable pylon is on my list of needs.

Here's mine

2004 Hewescraft 22' Searunner HTET
200 HP Yamaha 4 Stroke
8 hp Yamaha 4 Stroke

4 divers 34mph (by GPS) 4700 RPM/8GPH

Tops out at 47mph 5800 RPM probably 18gph

I run it year around here in Alaska.

Thanks! We were very careful, and planned carefully, largely because I saw your web page about launching a boat there. That was REALLY helpful! The pics were very instructive(& totally scary). My husband couldn't come, which might have been a good thing, because my buddy Andy can back up a trailer better than anyone else on the planet, so the tight quarters didn't matter at all. There were even scooters sitting on the rocks on the ramp and he cleared those just fine. We only did one dive though, as I was a bit worried the tide would go too far out if we stayed too long. We had three sets of doubles, two single rigs, five divers and room to spare. I love this boat.

I think I may have actually anchored at the pinnacle first. Just outside the cove, waves break a bit over an unseen projection. My buddies were afraid that the boat would somehow break anchor and hit the low spot, so by group consensus we moved. We'll try that one next time, weather and tides permitting. I have reservations for 10/1 and 11/5. Yay! Another place to take the boat. My husband I are totally new and still need to find all the dive sites. :)

ccohn2000:
Thanks! We were very careful, and planned carefully, largely because I saw your web page about launching a boat there. That was REALLY helpful! The pics were very instructive(& totally scary). My husband couldn't come, which might have been a good thing, because my buddy Andy can back up a trailer better than anyone else on the planet, so the tight quarters didn't matter at all. There were even scooters sitting on the rocks on the ramp and he cleared those just fine. We only did one dive though, as I was a bit worried the tide would go too far out if we stayed too long. We had three sets of doubles, two single rigs, five divers and room to spare. I love this boat.

I think I may have actually anchored at the pinnacle first. Just outside the cove, waves break a bit over an unseen projection. My buddies were afraid that the boat would somehow break anchor and hit the low spot, so by group consensus we moved. We'll try that one next time, weather and tides permitting. I have reservations for 10/1 and 11/5. Yay! Another place to take the boat. My husband I are totally new and still need to find all the dive sites. :)

You'll find numbers for the non-Pt.Lobos sites here:
http://www.garlic.com/~triblet/swell/gps.html
and for Pt. Lobos here:
http://www.garlic.com/~triblet/swell/gpslobos.html

The key to anchoring on the Great Pinnacle is lots of scope. And make sure the
boat stays put as the anchor goes down. hhThere's deep water
near by and if the anchor pulls off, you want it to hit bottom. And of course the
Captain's first duty when getting to the bottom is to check the anchor.

Here is our teams 15' tri hull. Good for freshwater dives.

Picture%20014.jpg

Scuba Rob, what kinda little trihull is that? Kinda looks like a small Whaler but it is not I don't think? Where are you diving there? Is that Morrison?
Also, what sorta dive "team" are you on? N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom