Post Your Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

had some freinds out diving today and at end of day found a 5 1/2 inch meg finally :D

Attachments

• P6020015.JPG
    P6020015.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 122
  • P6020016.JPG
    P6020016.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 117
  • P6020014.JPG
    P6020014.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 115
IMG_2699.JPG
[/IMG]

I found that soaking the teeth in baby oil/ olive oil does alter the color of a tooth a lot. You can pre-determine the outcome by soaking the tooth in water first. What it looks like wet will be close to how it looks after putting it in oil. It made both of the teeth I tested this on look darker in color. I preferred the color of the tooth naturally without the oil bath. It's more of a personal preference as to whether you want your teeth to look natural or wet/polished. Something else I noticed is that the teeth are slippery/oily after a water rinse and rub-off with a towel. Hope this helps.

Something I noticed about a lot of the meg teeth I have found in Venice is that the bourlette is the dullest part of the teeth (the area in between the crown and the root). I applied some olive oil using a q-tip to the bourlette of one of my megs and it looks really nice. If you prefer to keep the natural color of the tooth and root, but want the tooth to look a little nicer, I would recommend just adding baby oil or olive oil to the bourlette. Just thought i'd share.

Sweettttttttttttttttttttttttt!!! Awesome find.

Did well yesterday :)

The one meg was totally encrusted - after the 'bath' i had to remove a chunk of rock that was attached to the root - underneath the rock the root was nearly white! Must have been attached to that rock for a LONG time. :D

Attachments

• SANY0765.jpg
    SANY0765.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 111
  • SANY0766.jpg
    SANY0766.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 113
  • SANY0767.jpg
    SANY0767.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 107
Did well yesterday :)

The one meg was totally encrusted - after the 'bath' i had to remove a chunk of rock that was attached to the root - underneath the rock the root was nearly white! Must have been attached to that rock for a LONG time. :D
Ok I'm getting jealous over here. Too bad I had to work. You just wait until you have to work one day and I go divin. :) Payback are in order here!!!! Great finds my friend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom