Potential New Diver Here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... I feel bad for all the people who don't get to dive:)

Same here! And I feel even more sorry for those who don't dive and shrug it off as some nutcase hobby which is horribly dangerous when chances of dying from too much fast food is so much higher.

Hello again
A big step towards joining this lifestyle has been crossed...I paid for instructions today! I will get my books later this week or early next week (they were out and awaiting more to arrive) and then we go from there...
Mark

Don't do it

I used to be able to sit at home and watch tv and play video games now all I wanna do is dive all the time its horrible

Just kidding its a fun hobbie and you meet nice people mostly

The other day i caught myself trying to equalise in the carwash

Congratulations! You'll find there is absolutely, positively nothing like diving! There are no pictures that do justice to the colors of reef fish in the coral and there isn't anything like the feeling of flying through clear water able to soar anywhere you want! You never know what you'll find when you put on your mask and put your face in the water! It's fantastic.

DFB

Welcome to the wonder world of diving. There are two types of divers in your area. Some only dive on vacation and others dive locally. You sound like someone who will like local diving. Check out a few dive shops in your area to see which one 'feels' right for you. As others have mentioned a good instructor makes all the difference.

God-willing I hope to move away from here as soon as I can LOL. But that will be in the future, so in the meantime, after I get certified I guess I can look forward to Lake Erie and the local quarries. One thing at a time...
Mark

I too am an ohio native who began diving local quarries then had the amazing opportunities to dive in warm tropical waters! That said I love both types of diving for different reasons! Yes tropical dives are much more comfortable and colorful but for me at least quarries offer unique challenges and opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the board! I am new here myself, lots of very helpful experienced divers that can show us newbies the way B| Check my thread in the Intros section, I just got back from West Palm Beach and did my very first 2 dives. NOTHING LIKE IT!! :)

Back
Top Bottom