Senior Newbie Scuba divers! This filmmaker wants to hear from you...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello Scuba Board!

I hope it’s ok to post here. Moderators - let me know if there’s a better way to share this message.

I’m a documentary filmmaker currently working on a project about *senior scuba divers*

Right now I’m looking for senior scuba divers (60+) in the USA who are relatively new to scuba diving. I’d love to meet folks who may have found the wonders of scuba diving a little later in life, but are falling in love with it! I want to hear what drew you to scuba, why you love it, and how it’s improving your life. Maybe you found scuba diving as a way to learn something new in retirement? Maybe you’re racking up a healthy number of dives at your local dive site and are thinking about taking your first trip overseas? Maybe you’re trying to talk your partner, your kids, or even your grandkids into getting certified so they can join you too? Or maybe this is something you're doing for yourself! If any of this sounds at all familiar, I would love to hear from you.

If you’d like to share your story, please DM me!

Thanks so much for your time!

Sarah

I started officially diving and certified in 2014. I am 70 years old and thank God very healthy today! 105 dives so far lost 18 months during covid. Mostly Florida, Caribbean diving. My wife worries every time I go out. Try to keep her calm. Safety first, I try to get buddied up with my own age or closer. No spearfishing divers and no shore dives were you have to go 200 to 300 yards from shore, just to physical
vincent corigliano.

I started officially diving and certified in 2014. I am 70 years old and thank God very healthy today! 105 dives so far lost 18 months during covid. Mostly Florida, Caribbean diving. My wife worries every time I go out. Try to keep her calm. Safety first, I try to get buddied up with my own age or closer. No spearfishing divers and no shore dives were you have to go 200 to 300 yards from shore, just to physical
vincent corigliano.
Hi Vincent! My name is Bella and I'm working with Sarah on this documentary project. We would love to hear more about your experience with diving and what keeps you coming back for more adventures. If you're interested in chatting, please send me a direct message so we can set a time :) Unfortunately, I can't start a DM as I'm new to the scuba board family! Thanks!

here’s a better way to share this message.

I’m a documentary filmmaker currently working on a project about *senior scuba divers*

Right now I’m looking for senior scuba divers (60+) in the USA who are relatively new to scuba diving. I’d love to meet folks who may have found the wonders of scuba diving a little later in life, but are falling in love with it! I want to hear what drew you to scuba, why you love it, and how it’s improving your life. Maybe you found scuba diving as a way to learn something new in retirement? Maybe you’re racking up a healthy number of dives at your local dive site and are thinking about taking your first trip overseas? Maybe you’re trying to talk your partner, your kids, or even your grandkids into getting certified so they can join you too? Or maybe this is something you're doing for yourself! If any of this sounds at all familiar, I would love to hear from you.
I believe people with very few posts cannot send direct messages on ScubaBoard.

While outside the scope of your current documentary, I also know some of the senior veteran divers also have some very interesting things to say.

Bella, evenings after 7 is a good quite time, how do you want to communicate
Hi Vincent, sounds good. Email is always best but do you have a Facebook or somewhere I can find you publicly and message you there? Since we cannot message here. I don't want you to post your email address on a public forum. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom