Potions and promises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey gals,

Lately there have been all sorts of "better than Botox" products on the market, promising to erase wrinkles and age spots, eradicate stretch marks, and--huzzah--melt off the fat in those troublesome spots where it is least desired.

Sounds wonderful! Too wonderful, maybe. Have any of you tried any of these potions and creams? If so, what did you try, and how did it work (or not work?)

There are all sorts of testimonials on the web sites for these products, but I trust my scubadiving sisters much more!

I have seen one medication work effectively.. I have not used it but a few girlfriends have. It's called Xenical.. It is mainly for diabetics that need to lose weight, but this has also been for cholestrerol things too. Xenical can be prescribed by doctors or you do the Trip to Mexico or Canada, and you can ever by it on-line.

It's a little blue pill you take before eating any fatty foods or anything that isn't good that the body doesn't want. You are to take it a few minutes before consuming meals.. It doens't decrase appetite it simple goes thru the digestive system.. I hear it's not a pretty site when it's time to go to the bathroom.

I promise you this though~ one of my girfriends was a size 14 she is now a size four. Not sure if she is still taking it.. but she lost all that weight in a year and 1 1/2.. The others are all skinny minnies as well.

love2godeep:
Hey gals,

Lately there have been all sorts of "better than Botox" products on the market, promising to erase wrinkles and age spots, eradicate stretch marks, and--huzzah--melt off the fat in those troublesome spots where it is least desired.

Sounds wonderful! Too wonderful, maybe. Have any of you tried any of these potions and creams? If so, what did you try, and how did it work (or not work?)

There are all sorts of testimonials on the web sites for these products, but I trust my scubadiving sisters much more!

I decided to try the "Skin Store's" money back guarantee, and got a tube of Striavectin. It's supposed to erase those fine lines around the eyes, sun damage, etc. I've been applying it to one side of my face and not the other. Since I don't have a lot of damage, it's hard to compare, but it smells nice and feels good!

I also got a "free" sample of a product that is called a "liposome," for selective fat burning. I've been applying it for a month on a little area I'd be happy to part with, but I don't see any difference at all. It's called "Hydroderm Body Shape."

To say that Xenical effects is "not a pretty site" when you go to the bathroom is putting it mildly. PM me if you want to know all the disgusting details.

Jagular007:
What's the difference between this little blue pill and any other laxative? It sounds to me like using this is bordering on bulemia tactics.

Jag

Xenical attaches itself to the excess fat in a meal and drains it undigested from your system. You also lose certain nutrients which you are supposed to supplement but I can not remember what they are.

Hope this explains it.

I won $500 of spa treatments on a cruise we were on last year. I had a facial with Elemis products. I had a woman, 2 days later tell me how beautiful my skin was. This was after snorkeling and diving between the facial and until she mentioned it. I was sold.

Sue-ba Lips:
I won $500 of spa treatments on a cruise we were on last year. I had a facial with Elemis products. I had a woman, 2 days later tell me how beautiful my skin was. This was after snorkeling and diving between the facial and until she mentioned it. I was sold.

Hmmm...my first guess would have been the relaxation and fun of a cruise coupled with the fantastic underwater experiences before I was sold on any cosmetics! Especially after two days. Just think how much more diving you can do instead of spending all that money on more stuff! :wink:

Last year I received a Belevi Facial and a Swedish Massage gift certificate for my birthday. When I went for the facial, I found that is is a series. It tones the muscles in the face and after three there is a noticable difference. There are six treatments in the series. They add before and after photos of actual clients. I will tell you it is very expensive; approximately $75.00 per facial and then there are the products you use. I had the one facial and it was wonderful. I have not allowed myself to be "pampered" into the entire series though. The photos looked like the women had had a face lift in some. Others looked much younger.

R

Don't know about potions and such. It's diving and new experiences that keeps me young!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom