Powerbreathe question:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A much better way to spend the $$$ this thing cost is to pay for a dive with a good diver who will help you improve your weighting, trim and diving style. Seriously, this is a scam, esp for scuba. Find a good dive buddy....one who really knows how to dive..and spend some time in the water......oh and whoever is telling you to buy this thing is not likely a good choice for a buddy.

This thing helps train your breathing muscles so that you can maximize the volume of air you move in and out of your lungs.

While diving, the amount of gas you can ventilate is not your limitation, and you wan to minimize, not maximize, your breathing.

The best thing you can do is do lots of diving and lots of cardio.

Jonnythan is right on. When I used to free dive a lot, I would do exercises to encourage my major muscles to operate without a high amount of oxygen i.e. excersize while holding my breath. This is a no no in SCUBA as you already know.
If you really want to do something to help your sac rate do lots of cardio and get in great shape so your heart rate slows down.
Someone on this board once told me that meditation before a dive helps...she was right!
Get Wet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom