Pre-certification hello from Portland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnny Qwest

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there.
You know the image you see the first time you go negative in ow? The kind of surreal setting of seeing other beginers descending down the anchor line, while groups of the more advanced divers are grouping at the anchor and heading off in different directions; the seascape, the fish and the dream-like quality of it all. Well, since I took the introductory and boat dives in Kona(two months ago)I've been dreaming of diving at night and seeing the above images during the day. I've bought every current scuba-mag. surprisingly Few), I've checked out many books(surprisingly few), I've bounced all over the web until I found you. I'm home. The Scuba board will cure my scuba jones until I get certified, which is soon. I hope this post does'nt sound like the beginning of a 12-step program, it's just nice to be able to tell some like minded folks.
Wet suit or dry suit, split fins or Mares volos, what features in a bc; this is a researching equipment WONKS
dream.
Be talking to ya, Johnny Qwest.

Welcome to the board from another UK diver. You will find very friendly people here who will go out of their way to answer any queries you may have. Good luck with the course.

Hi Johnny - that feeling doesn't change even when you are part of the more experienced group. Welcome to the boards.

Tom

Welcome Johnny - this is THE place to be! I certified a month ago and have been hooked to this site ever since... We all know exactly how you're feeling, what you're thinking and dreaming......

Share your thoughts and experiences with us all.

:)
cheers

Johnny Qwest

Welcome to the boards! We are glad to have you here. Fell free to start new threads with any questions or opinions you might have.

Aardal
:cool:

"Where everybody knows your name." I feel the love.
Hi right back to you Aardal and Keralucu. Congradulations Keralucu on certifying. Are you going to continue to add certs. for other areas of diving?
Regards,JQ

Absolutely!... have to clock up another 10-15 dives though before I do my AOW - a personal choice, as I want to feel completely at ease in the water. I'm also interested in Naturalist, Rescue Diver, Deep Diver and Night.... so many choices, so little time (and money) to do them...

I'm confused - are you in ENgland or Portland?

I think I'm the one who confused things! I thought you were from Portland, Dorset UK. I assume now that Portland Or stands for Portland, Oregon. Correct me if I'm wrong! I do dive with a dry suit but I am much happier with a shorty in warm water.

Oooh errrr, Maggie - yes, you did confuse me, at any rate! I am an English diver too (well, half English) but am fortunate enough to be in the tropics - in Thailand. Shorties all the time for me. Would like to try cold water diving one day - when I'm ready to brace myself, that is.

Whereabouts do you dive in the UK?

TTFN :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom