Pre liveaboard transit hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the details, @Damselfish. That fits into the overall picture.
Yes, "inhabited" means island with locals leaving there, the ones that opened for tourism some years ago.
And i am assuming that Hulhumale (new Island) is a local island with no alcohol but i am missing sources and the few hotels i looked at are not explicit on that topic.

Hulhumale is the airport island. There is a resort there, next to the airport. Not sure what room price is now but was $250+ per night. I once needed sleep more than booze and bunked in for 6 hours for $150. Aarrrgh

My favorite little hotel does not serve alcohol unfortunately. The bedrooms are small but comfy and 4 bedrooms on each floor with individual locks on each bedroom with shared access to a large living area. I thought that this was ideal for a group but certainly no hardship if you're not a group. Small pool on roof with lovely ocean view. If you're worried about room size, spring for the upgrade. Restaurant downstairs also very good.

Nice to be able to enjoy the beach and walk around town. It's named the Airport Beach Hotel, which is misleading because not really by the airport though it is on the airport island. Short comfortable taxi ride.

It was fairly new when I stayed there, 3 times, iirc.
And it has been two years at least since I was last there.

For reference, I stayed at a similar place right in Male on my first couple of trips and while I was satisfied, it had no pool, no view and was kind of in middle of town, older, price at the time was similar. Certainly adequate but why not stay right on Hulhumale? I also stayed one night at a hotel near the Airport Beach Hotel. Hated it. If I recall correctly, it was named Crystal Beach. Not on the beach, one block in. Seemed quite old and a bit tatty

In fairness, probably most of the beachside hotels on Hulhumale are similar despite ratings.

The Airport Beach Hotel would be a 3 star on my personal rating.

Yes, i know.

Should have said "Hulhumale has the status of a local island with no alcohol". And no Breakfast Bacon....

I wasn't really telling you. It was more of a general comment for all readers current and future.

Yes, I often miss bacon on my travels.

Back
Top Bottom